Vegetarian Myth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vegetarian Myth

I am in the middle of reading this book. It is very interesting and I have learned A LOT. I just want to know for those of you who have read it... what are your thoughts overall?
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Bad writing, on par with a teenage girl's diary.
    Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
    ~Borges

Comment

Originally posted by say_rahhh View Post
      Bad writing, on par with a teenage girl's diary.
      I thought the first part was fine. But the ending nutrition part, I have to agree with you. Almost seemed like two different authors to me. Or she got plum tired of research and finished off with a bunch of anecdotal ranting.

Comment

Originally posted by avocado View Post
        I thought the first part was fine. But the ending nutrition part, I have to agree with you. Almost seemed like two different authors to me. Or she got plum tired of research and finished off with a bunch of anecdotal ranting.
        Funny because I hated the first part the worst. I thought the nutrition part saved it.
        Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
        ~Borges

Comment

I liked it, but my social circle contains a lot of veg*ans, and I could see many of my friends being where she is a few years down the road. I am going to pass it on to my vegetarian brother. He's an eco veggie, so I think it will speak to him.
          If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

I read the first couple of chapters and sort of lost interest. It was interesting tho, especially the parts about how unsustainable and dangerous growing annual ceral grains is. If I were more inclined to argue with vegetarians I would finish it, but Ive already converted six veggies with my cooking, no debate required.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MeatMe216 View Post
              Ive already converted six veggies with my cooking, no debate required.
              That's awesome - great job! I guess I will have to learn how to cook awesome meals.

Comment

I just started reading it yesterday, haven't gotten very far yet. I will let you know
                So remember, Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!

Blog - Size of the Fight...

Comment

I thought it was a great book. No, she isn't the best writer and some of her arguments seemed weird (like the one about when you take a fruit of a tree, you are stealing the plant's children). However, I learned a lot about permaculture and the destructive nature of non-perennial agriculture, which were two topics I knew nothing about.

Comment

I think its a great book, and whilst her writing style varies its actually well written because it combines both well backed up factual information with a personal and descriptive perspective. Some parts may not be everyones cup of tea, but its to the point, but and they need to open their mind to different ways of thinking. It tackles the issues from different angles and enlightens you to the most fundamental problems in society rather than just what's making people ill.

If everyone read this book the world would be a better place.

Just my opinion
                    www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

Great research and an insight into the sort of person I cannot understand. I found the stuff about the political reality of grains the best part of the book.
                      A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Haven't read it yet but I've seen the review, looks like a nice book for knowing how food gets onto your plate. Maybe I'll just wait for the DVD version, I don't really like reading.
                        Navy SEAL Workout
                        Top Fat Loss Trainer
                        Advanced Fat Loss

Comment

Originally posted by rockstareddy View Post
                          If everyone read this book the world would be a better place.

Just my opinion
                          I agree with you 100%

Originally posted by Lean Body View Post
                          Haven't read it yet but I've seen the review, looks like a nice book for knowing how food gets onto your plate. Maybe I'll just wait for the DVD version, I don't really like reading.
                          I had no idea a DVD version was suppose to come out - do you have any idea when its due out?

Comment

for every animal you don't eat, i am going to eat 3. Hence you being vegan is actually killing more animals.
                            - Follow me on Twitter | Read my blog! - www.PaleOZ.com -

Free Robb Wolf Paleo Meal Generator for iPhone
                            IF Timer - The Original Intermittent Fasting iPhone App

Comment

i guess those vegans that cayennepied Ms Keith were not being violent at all - thats just normal vegan behaviour
                              challenge yourself
                              i blog here http://theprimalwoman.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X