HELP! I am trying to un-brainwash someone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! I am trying to un-brainwash someone

The Blood-Type Diet. Any links to kill it? She swears she can't consume coconut oil because of that diet!

lectins is the "thing" in that right? Here is a link that found no difference in reaction to lectins based on blood type:

http://www.owenfoundation.com/Health..._in_Foods.html

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Comment

You rock my cazba Grandma!

Comment

She's devouring the information on that now. Thank you again Grandma!

Comment

Here's the WAPF review of the book that started the blood type diet B.S. http://westonaprice.org/bookreviews/eat_right.html

They shred it pretty easily. People are always looking for the magic bullet, there ain't none. This diet by blood type is bad science. Correction, it's fantasy, not science.

Comment

Lectins can be nasty things. But they don't effect you much differently dependent on your Blood Type.

The most "nasty" lectins are found in grains.

Primal gets rid of those.

Go Primal!

-Sean

www.SeanBissell.com

Comment

someone told me once ..food is digested in the stomach not the blood. that reminds me I got more coconut oil today for make more mayo xoox Darlene

Comment

Food does start to digest in the stomach

But some "bad" lectins such as that are found in grains, (especially wheat) can get through your GI tract and pass into your blood.

But blood type has very little if nothing to do with that process.

-Sean

www.SeanBissell.com

Comment

"But blood type has very little if nothing to do with that process."

Amen.

That whole diet by blood type started with the fact, I'll presume that blood typing - typING - is actual done with selected lectins!

Talk about bad science..... No, it's not science.

Comment

Doesn't Mark say that it's the Lectins in our gut that stop the absorption of nutrients? Whole grains contain more of these and may actually be worse on the gut than the refined grains/ flours.

This gal is totally into this Blood Type diet, but lately, has been losing TONS of weight by going more 'Primal'! Poor thing has been nearly tearing her hair out because she can't figure out why she can't lose weight (she also has endocrine issues). I saw her last at a family reunion and I felt so bad for her. I've never seen her so large!

Comment

SF,

Yea, lectins can be nasty. Mainly the ones in grains (especially wheat.)

They are "anti nutrients" which can block the absorption of nutrients.

Phytic acid does this too, and that's found more in "brown" types of grains, like brown rice.

While it may have more nutritional "goodness" on the nutritional facts on the back of the box/bag... Studies show that white rice over brown may have a better nutrient absorption, and therefore be equal to, or better than brown rice.

So lectins + phytic acid = no good.

And that's one of the big reasons to avoid grains.

But yea, I'd actually think that white bread (especially sourdough) and white rice are better than brown rice or whole wheat.

Lectins, if they get into your bloodstream, can also bind with your insulin receptors and could make you more insulin resistant, and also can mess with your leptin.

That could lead to insulin resistance, and constantly feeling hungry... and you'd probably be hungry for the same "whole wheat goodness." Which would repeat the cycle.

Add some sugar and... BAM!

That'll kick it into overdrive.

Unfortunately that's the story of a large number of people in the "western" world today.

-Sean

www.SeanBissell.com

Comment

I believe its the phytic acid and phytates that stop mineral uptakes.

Lectins sort of scrape the mucous coating off of the intestines, although it's repaired virtually instantaneously. The real danger of lectins is that they can pass through the intestinal wall right into the blood stream where they mimic our good proteins, thus getting into our cells, thus causing illness. Whew!

Comment

Working...
                        X