The Truth About Sunlight, Cancer and Vitamin D

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Truth About Sunlight, Cancer and Vitamin D

Got tipped about this video on a facebook page, very interesting. He is a bit long winded and conspiratorial, but what he "preaches" is pretty spot on.

This part 1 of 3

Part 2

Part 3:

Last edited by Sungrazer; 07-20-2010, 02:40 PM.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

you know I'm happy

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

of course, it's all the D you're getting.

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Originally posted by Sungrazer View Post
        of course, it's all the D you're getting.
        rotflma! no, right now actually I'm about to pull a naiad and get some D in my backyard.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ude#post162861
        Last edited by cillakat; 07-21-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Interesting about the tanning booths. I've heard that new tanning booths don't have the same UVA/UVB composition as regular sunlight. Is this true? Else I might do tanning booths during the winter as long as I'm still here in Scandinavia

Comment

WTF?! Now it's "pulling a naiad"? That's awesome!
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Pandadude View Post
              Interesting about the tanning booths. I've heard that new tanning booths don't have the same UVA/UVB composition as regular sunlight. Is this true?
              Most tanning beds are 'high pressure' UVA only beds with little/no UVB. UVB is needed for D production.

It's possible to find beds with UVB though. You can probably find more info from Hollicks website, or the vitamindcouncil.org or mercolas website.

Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
              WTF?! Now it's "pulling a naiad"? That's awesome!
              Isn't it though? The lawn guys are here now. lol. They usually come on Tuesday. Good thing I delayed a bit. That would have been a bit awkward.

Comment

Thanks so much for this! I am passing this on to my friends as I have been advocating for vitD for awhile, now they can hear more of the why it is so good for you.
                Mama to 4, wife to my love

Comment

These were really good, thanks for posting! I plan on passing it on too

Comment

Cool, thanks for sharing! I've got a good bit about this line of thinking on my blog, references and all. He's absolutely right about the funding - the Skin Cancer Foundation is wholly funded by sunscreen manufacturers.

I haven't finished watching, but I wonder if he goes down the path I have - that sun tolerance may be related to immunity. I've noticed that lowered immunity correlates to more sunburn susceptibility in our family. I used to burn badly and am burning less as I change my diet more and more. Will keep watching!
                    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Another good one, Vitamin D Loss Spurs Bone Damage In Athletes

My journal

I see grain people...

Comment

Working...
                      X