Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Bare foot" dress shoes - are Vivo's worth the $$$?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Bare foot" dress shoes - are Vivo's worth the $$$?

I'm considering a pair of Vivo Barefoot shoes to wear to the office, a business casual environment.

Are they worth the $150 (+tx shipping) though?

http://www.terraplana.com/oak-p-1553.html?colour=59

Besides Vivo Barefoot, I'd love to hear any reviews of other business casual "bare foot" shoes.

x2 i'd be interested as well . .
    Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
    Current Weight: 266lbs
    High-school Weight: 235lbs
    Goal: ????

Comment

I saw a pair at the store where I got my VFF's, didn't try them on though since they looked kind of cheaply made.

A friend wears Nike Free's. I think you can custom order them in all black, I've looked for them in a store to try them out, and see what I thought for the same purpose, wearing at work, but haven't found any at a store yet.

Comment

I bought a pair of Nike Free 5.0s last week and so far I am very much enjoying them. I have been wearing vibrams for about a year but one of my knees has really started to bother me during runs. I switched to the free 5.0s which have a bit more padding and support and my knee problem has cleared right up.

They definitely don't feel heavy and clunky like a regular tennis shoe, which was my whole reason for buying VFFs. I recommend them.

Comment

I bought a pair of the ladies Vivo Barefoot dress shoes for the office. They are adequate, but really nothing special. They are definitely more comfortable than any other dress shoes I've ever had, but still not nearly as comfortable as vibrams (which I can't wear to work). The shoes don't really look great. The toe box is really wide (needed for the comfort I guess), but it almost makes them look like clown shoes. There really is only one woman's dress shoe though, the men have a lot more to choose from, so maybe you kind find something that looks better. I was considering buying the boots originally too, but now that I've found out what the shoes look like, I'm having second thoughts.

Comment

I got a few pairs of Vivo Barefoots. I can't recall the models, but they look and feel great. Just rip out the insole for added comfort and freedom. If I recall correctly, they run a bit small so buy half a size up.

Comment

I would never spend even half that on a pair of shoes that are supposed to be minimal, meaning less of everything went into actually making the shoes. What are you paying for? certainly not the material, certainly not the craftsmanship, what then?

I took the insole out of my dress shoes, not to be closer to barefoot necessarily but to have more space in general. I used to have to take my shoes off at the office a lot now they're roomier and i don't have do. I think i paid $100 for the shoes a few years back and they're still holding up great, quality material.

I'm not a girl, but I'm quite confident you could walk into any Payless shoes and come out with a pair of black faux leather flats you can wear to work.
              I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

I am a teacher and have to wear "dress" shoes. I have tried a lot of different shoes looking for something that is easy on my feet. I bought the Vivo Barefoot shoes as well as the Vivo chukas. I did not pay $150 for mine. I think they were just a little over $100. After 3 months I have to say they are exactly what they claim to be. You get enough to protect your feet, they are dressy enough, and your feet will thank you. I have had no issues with construction and they shine up well. I will say I put a lot of miles on shoes, and what works is important to me. Prior to the Vivos I wore a pair of all black Sanuks that were dressy enough to get away with, but they did not last long. Just my impressions, hope it helps.

Comment

I ordered a pair this weekend, I'll let you know what i think.
                  Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

I love and highly recommend Vivo's. I have three pairs and wear them all the time. When I'm at home, I wear nothing but the Vivo's or my VFF's.

Comment

has anyone tried the Panka's that Mark mentions so often, I was thinking of buying the pankas and then taking a magic marker to the white lettering and seeing how that would work.. the price on them is nice..
                      i am finding that after wearing VFFs for a few months now my dress shoes for work are painful..i wish i could find a "barefoot" slip on i could just drop on and off when i get to my desk...

Comment

I saw this after a bit of googling:

http://www.livingbarefoot.info/2010/...n-waiting-for/

the website seems to have good reviews as well.
                        Apathy is tyranny's greatest ally.

Comment

I have the Vivo Barefoot Aqua model in brown suede. It's not the dressiest shoe I wear but it is business casual. I can get away with it on most days and then slip into something more dressy that I store just at work if need be. I find this particular Vivo model (the only one I own) pretty comfortable. I also have a pair of Steve Madden and Clarks' driving mocs. Really the driving mocs are pretty minimalist too. While they have somewhat more padding on the bottom of the shoe, it is not much. Driving mocs look dressier than the Vivos, are more widely available and are much cheaper ($50 to $75) range. I'd try out some driving mocs first.

Comment

I just walk around in my socks at work.

Comment

Another point about the Vivo barefoots that may be important to some of you. I wore them yesterday for the first time while biking. I know many only do road or mountain biking (I do those too) and so have special shoes but I also have a 3 speed I ride in my business clothes about 1.5 miles to the subway. I had pushed the bike across my wet grass to get to the street first so the soles of the Vivos were a little damp. It was extremely difficult biking in the Vivos. The sole was very slippery and my feet slipped off the pedals 4 times in the first few blocks. In general you want stiff soled shoes when biking but I was surprised how hard it was to bike a short distance in these. If you live in a damp climate and bike a lot in casual clothes (many spots in Western Europe, New York, Portland, etc. come to mind) you may want to reconsider.

Comment

Working...
                              X