No announcement yet.

Apple Cider Vinegar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About the only time I use it is to make switchel in the summertime, that stuff is damn good after it has sat for a day in the fridge.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

I've drank it before and it helped with digestive issues I have had in my life...

And yes on the hair rinse, too, awesome there...

Great as a face toner as well...
      sigpic "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Comment

that's all i got, really.
        sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Comment

WTF!?! What's with the creed looking guy, the closed eyes and the chicken? Is that some sort of Ohio ritual for constipation?
          My journal where I attempt to overcome Chrohns and make good food as well

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danzig_(band)

learn your history, son.
            sigpic

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVfeLavkFso

That's all I got. Really.

Comment

Batty, How do you get the video instead of a link? I'm old.

Comment

bbcode is <video>*insert URL of video here*</video>, but instead of <'s use ['s. you should also, perhaps, see a button on top of the quick reply area that looks like a little filmstrip. you can press that as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

Got it. Thanks!

Comment

This might be a dead thread but I'll add.
                      I have psoriasis. i get it a little on my face. When i drink ACV it will clear it on my face and a great deal on my scalp. Though not my entire body I'm fortunate. I don't naturally have it on my hands feet or any part of my body that could chaff. How ever the hands and face are often complaints because they are the most public parts of your body. being that i can clear my face with acv i have a wonderful medicine in the substance for a medical cost of 2 bucks a month.

When i consume the stuff regularly my skin will breath better, my sweat is a less dirty more fresh type of ventilation. Also i get better energy level. Maybe from the organ detox effects.

Comment

That Danzig vid makes me want to go pump some heavy iron!!!
                        You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Originally posted by batty View Post
                          Schooled.
                          "The penis is the male animal-flower, a soft-firm dildo, a warm dream."
                          -Raymond Peat, PhD

Comment

Cilla, I think that apple cider vinegar is definitely more than its numbers.

It has probiotic effects, it seems to settle and warm the stomach, and I think that the malic acid in it probably does some good things.

I'm not entirely sure whether the honey is an important part of the recipe, or is only there to ease the sourness. It would be good to find out. Perhaps it feeds the flora?

In this case, I feel the Amish have it right. I look forward to making my own some day. I'm just planting the apple trees now, so it'll take awhile. Once I have enough apples to juice, I'll just add some mother from the good commercial brand of ACV.
                            Last edited by piano-doctor-lady; 10-08-2010, 08:49 PM.

Comment

It seems to help with athletes' foot
                              Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Comment

Originally posted by periquin View Post
                                Been taking half a glass of apple cider vinegar mixed with honey daily for almost forty years. Hasn't killed me yet. I don't get colds or the flu. I don't get indigestion. I feel energetic. I am never constipated. All of that and more. I can't say if all those goodies are due to the apple cider vinegar and honey, but who knows? Many peoples around the world follow a similar regimen. It is especially an important part of living for people around New England and also many Amish that I know. I make my own apple cider vinegar. It is an easy process. The taste can vary with the type of apple used.
                                Periquin,

Your are my friend for LIFE if your tip works. I am starting TODAY!

I suffer from chest colds TERRIBLY every year, sometimes spring AND fall.I have mild asthma, so a cold is just devastating to me. The common cold makes me miserable for many weeks! I sometimes even lose my voice!

Best to you
                                Grizz
                                Last edited by Grizz; 10-09-2010, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X