Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do you wash your hands and with what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you wash your hands and with what?

Starting today I am going soapless and shampooless. I haven't usded toothpaste in a while and don't plan on it,

The only thing I use soap for is washing my hands. But I think I may have developed ocd a little. I feel this need to constantly wash my hands. Wondering where to draw the line. How often and when do you wash hands?

and with what?

frequently, with mrs meyers hand soap

after bathroom, several times during meal prep, after putting makeup on, whenever they just feel dirty, etc etc
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
      frequently, with mrs meyers hand soap

after bathroom, several times during meal prep, after putting makeup on, whenever they just feel dirty, etc etc
      Same. And before going to bed. I have small kids - harbingers of disease. 😜

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

I do before I eat, After Bathroom, when they feel dirty.

6-8 times a day

I wonder if this is not enough.

Comment

Dr bronners soap in my house. It's actual soap, not detergent. No chemicals, nothing harsh. I use it for hand washing and showering

Comment

when do you wash your hands Not on the rug?

Comment

Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
              Same. And before going to bed. I have small kids - harbingers of disease. 😜

I wash my hands pretty frequently. Some of it is hygiene, and some of it is because I've been playing guitar most of my life and seem to be hyper sensitive to stuff on my fingers.

But, yeah, any time I'm around kids (often) I wash my hands a bunch.

Because all children are covered in a thin film of sh*t.

Comment

I don't really, but when I do, I just lick them 'til the brown stuff's gone..

Comment

Originally posted by Anopsmoves View Post
                  when do you wash your hands Not on the rug?
                  after the bathroom, before preparing food, periodically throughout the workday, and any time I come in from being in public. doorknobs/handles, store shelves, etc are all crawling with nasties and I have a baby at home now too. I also make people wash their hands before they touch the baby. most people do that anyway

Comment

As a surgical tech, I probably wash my hands longer and more frequently then most people. But, when not at work, I don't use antibacterial soaps, just the regular or natural stuff.
                    Just like NOTR, I always wash my hands after being in public places. In fact, every time I come into the house, I wash them before I do anything else. For me, it's just a habit and I don't consider it OCD. It is considered one of the best defenses in the spread of sickness
                    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenry Hennings View Post
                      I don't really, but when I do, I just lick them 'til the brown stuff's gone..

Same here. No soap. Only lick off the brown stuff if I know for sure what the brown stuff is. Even I have my limits.
                      Randal
                      AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                      Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                      http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                        Same here. No soap. Only lick off the brown stuff if I know for sure what the brown stuff is. Even I have my limits.
                        Well, you should already know what it is..

You ate it o_O

Comment

I do seem to be thinking about this too much lol. I do have a little OCD

Since I play sports and use my hands for a lot of things I often question if I should be washing my hands after touching anything.
                          I mean If I play basketball and handle this ball for example should I go to wash my hands before I do anything else?

or just keep it to before eating and after restroom stops

Comment

A disorder (like ocd) is only a disorder if it interferes with your life. If you are unable to complete everyday tasks because you're too busy washing your hands, that's a problem. If you want to wash your hands after an activity like basketball where you're touching a dirty ball and 9 other people, that sounds perfectly normal to me

Comment

I wash them with some kind of Dove men's soap with scrubby things in it. In the mornings after using the bathroom, and uh, that's it most days unless I get something on them.

Well, before and after extra-curricular activities with the little lady, of course.

Hmm. Maybe I should wash them more. That's not often. I guess I just don't think of it, and I am a pig. *shrug* I almost never get sick though, so I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                              X