No announcement yet.

Adya Clarity

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Adya Clarity

    I have eaten mostly raw for a year now and decided to switch it up. I have begun reading the Primal Blueprint. Although I have decided to make this life change, I still enjoy reading and watching Raw Foodists' videos and articles on new products. One I recently stumbled apon was 'Adya Clarity'. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on the topic. Thanks for your comments.

  • #2
    No offence, but the explanation looked llike gibberish to me... *shrug*


    • #3
      Okay well for one minerals come from food and oxygen comes from breathing, so those elements of it are useless. I dunno if it purifies water properly, there is little scientific research for these kinds of things so I can't really say anything about it other than somebody with a product who wants your money is making an unsubstantiated health claim. Whatcha gonna do? If you want pure water I'd just go with reverse osmosis.

      I too like to watch raw foodist videos, just for the hell of it because I'm always willing to consider someone else's viewpoints (and some of them are so ridiculous it's entertaining). Today in Kevin Gianni's video he talked a bit about his 80/20 rule. He has made the observation that about 20% of what you do will account for 80% of your success and 80% of what you do will amount to the other 20% of success. Obviously this is just a loose observation and isn't a completely factual statement, but I think he has something with it. How about getting the fundamentals down first and then tweaking? This kind of mystical hippie voodoo magic hype is most definitely in the 20% bracket whereas nutrition, exercise, and the psychological aspect account for the 80% of success.

      I'd at least use a water filter though. Reverse osmosis would be my pick.
      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

      Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!


      • #4
        the 80/20 rule is known as Pareto's principle - google it. Pareto was an italian researcher who observed in most facets of life you get 80% of your results from 20% of your efforts. he studied businesses in particular - most business get 80% of their profits from 20% of their clients and from 20% of their products. It was sometimes 90/10 or 70/30 but usually close enough to use 80/20.
        Likely 20% of the changes you made to your diet will account for 80% of the improvement in how you feel. Many people use this thinking to simplify their life - concentrate on the 20%, ignore or eliminate the 80%. Some professional- accountants -stockbrokers eliminate the 80% of their clients who don't make them much. they end up making 80% of what they made before and work only 20% as hard - often in a short period they end up making more and work significntly less. It doesn't work with everything but will work with a lot of things.