Glucose drinks not good for rehydration after illness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glucose drinks not good for rehydration after illness

I recall hearing of a study that showed why drinking glucose drinks like lucozade was an ineffective way to restore hydration and electrolyte balance after being ill.

Unfortunately I can't remember where I heard about it, and I can't find it now. Anyone help me out?
    Apparently I suck at life, so I'm crowd-sourcing my decisions, and sharing what I learn.

My fresh start in London

Why not use coconut water. It's an awesome re-hydrator, packed with electrolytes and potassium.
    "I know what my body needs and what it can handle. There's no better way to achieve my goal than what im doing now. If my regimen leads to my death, be it in six days or six months...I will die fullfiled. The outcome is irrelavent so long as i steer towards my fate. If death is to be my prize, i welcome it with open arms."

"A pound of meat a day keeps the doctor away"

Comment

...wait.

...what?

...VitaminWater is just sugar water?

The corner stone of my world view is disintegrating before my eyes... nooooooooooooooo...

Comment

Real bone broth is a great for electrolyte balance and rehydration, as well as nourishment after illness.
        The more I see the less I know for sure.
        -John Lennon

Comment

Working...
        X