Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fascinating old article

Hi all,

I'm studying animal nutrition and stubled across this great old article looking at fat and protein as fuel sources for endurance work. http://apjcn.nhri.org.tw/server/APJC...20p021-029.pdf

I would paste in the best bits but its an image-scan pdf and I can't be bothered typing it up! If someone has image-text software please feel free to paste in the interesting bits for others here.

That was a good read. Thanks for the link.

I have been looking for a study that compares anaerobic performance (sprinting, etc) instead of endurance in a VLC versus a non-VLC diet. I have experimented myself with VLC (<40g carbs/day) and my endurance performance doesn't deteriorate but I feel I don't have the same explosiveness when playing racquetball. Eating 100-150g of carbs negates this. It's not objective at all so I am trying to see if I "feel" like that or if my explosiveness actually deteriorates. Do you happen to know of any studies that test this?

Comment

Oh, wow! Great article! Thank you so much for posting this.
      Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

I'm unaware of any articles that test for explosiveness/anaerobic performance, but I can search for you as I have access to a large range of full text journals. It would be helpful if you could find the abstract/name of articles you want to investiage further using google scholar and I can pull the full text for you. I haven't searched specifically for this but I did not find anything along these lines when I was writing a human nutrition paper on LCD last year.

In the field of animal nutrition there is a great lack of any new or interesting articles in the last 10 years or so. It seems that no one is even questioning the status-quo dictated by the feed manufactures. I have both dogs and horses and attempt to feed them as species-approprietly as I can, to many raised eyebrows by my peers (especially the horse world, where grain feeding is rarely even thought about, I am the weird one who doesn't feed my horse any grain!).

Comment

Working...
        X