Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would like to hear Mark what would say about this!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Would like to hear Mark what would say about this!

    I will just copy the text here and there is lin underneath:

    Whether my diet is strictly Paleo or not has never been that much of a concern to me. If anything, my diet is PaleoMediterranean --- lean meats, seafood, fresh vegetables, a bit of wine, and seasonal fruit with lots of fresh spices such as basil, rosemary, garlic, onions, leeks, and olive oil (which I regard as a spice or flavor enhancer). In other words, Mediterranean without the beans, bread, or grains.If my book or approach receives criticism it is most often from PaleoTypes, not the usual suspects who you think would be those who recommend low fat and high grain-based diets.To me, a high-fat meal is unpalatable; I just do not like the taste or texture. But, there are more fundamental reasons for my preference for a moderate fat diet.

    A high fat diet is inflammatory. Several pathways are involved. First, insulin sensitivity falls, partly as an adaptation if fat replaces carbohydrates. Second, because both the insulin receptors and the beta cells of the pancreas (that release insulin) are degraded by inflammation. It seems fat is toxic to the receptors and beta cells through an inflammatory process. The beta cells, in particular, have low reserves of glutathione and other means of protection from ROS and are vulnerable.

    Those High-Fat "Paleo" Diets - Art De Vany on Line

    Could someone especially mr. Mark Sisson explain that controversy please?? Thanks...

  • #2
    First..this is your one and only post. Second, you did not state where you quoted your info from. You appear to be a typical shit stirrer. Moving on.

    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

    Comment


    • #3
      First...I am not trying to offend anyone like you do,second this is your 466 post in just month registration,which brings me the toughs that you are like these guys looking around with who to catch up only for bullshits,and third -the original link is posted on the end of my "first" post,so I will not tell you to move on,coz you already should have it done,to next posts.....
      Have a good day!

      Comment


      • #4
        It is very rare for Mark to respond to any post. You'll just have to put up with us or send your question to him by email.

        De Vany's quote above doesn't demonstrate that a high fat diet is inflammatory. He simply claims it without evidence. There is nothing to which to respond. Down regulation of insulin sensitivity is covered here: Hyperlipid: Physiological insulin resistance It is a good thing, sparing glucose for the brain while allowing muscles to run on fat. Not inflammatory. The rest is just rambling and needs some references to make it worth examining
        Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

        Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd say this is pretty much the crux of it:

          "To me, a high-fat meal is unpalatable; I just do not like the taste or texture." - From your link

          Art don't like how it tastes. so he makes up some stuff about why its inferior to what he does (cause there is no way what he is doing could not be optimal!) Actually this rampling little blurb by him based on personal opinion and absolutely no fact reminds me of one specific poster around here! Could it be Art has an alter ego?

          Actually I like some of his stuff, but this is just a babbling set of hypothetical and unsubstantiated leaps of logic.

          Comment


          • #6
            So you are copying it but make no comment about your own opinion? Either you agree or disagree. What diet do you eat?

            Comment


            • #7
              I doubt Mark will answer personally.

              It sounds like Art just purely doesn't like the taste or texture of a fatty meals.
              No mention of eggs they are mostly fat calories ( unless the yolk is discarded).

              If you're concerned about fat consumption for whatever reason then reduce it.

              Anyway I don't see a problem either way.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by lostov View Post
                First...I am not trying to offend anyone like you do,second this is your 466 post in just month registration,which brings me the toughs that you are like these guys looking around with who to catch up only for bullshits,and third -the original link is posted on the end of my "first" post,so I will not tell you to move on,coz you already should have it done,to next posts.....
                Have a good day!
                What does your above post even mean?

                Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

                Comment


                • #9
                  There are those who think that posting a lot on a forum is a sign of some sort of a personal flaw. Obviously the original poster has exceedingly few posts and is attempting to gain credibility by making that implication. In fact it appears he registered just to post this snippet.

                  Certainly he attempted to drop something he (or someone paying him) considered controversial, hoping flames would ensue, or that Mark would be forced to deal with this. Must be terribly disappointing to do this and be basically ignored. I wonder how many forums he had to post this on to find one where people thought the material that was mindlessly copied and pasted was even vaguely interesting.
                  Last edited by eKatherine; 08-14-2013, 11:05 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                    There are those who think that posting a lot on a forum is a sign of some sort of a personal flaw. Obviously the original poster has exceedingly few posts and is attempting to gain credibility by making that implication. In fact it appears he registered just to post this snippet.

                    Certainly he attempted to drop something he (or someone paying him) considered controversial, hoping flames would ensue, or that Mark would be forced to deal with this. Must be terribly disappointing to do this and be basically ignored. I wonder how many forums he had to post this on to find one where people thought the material that was mindlessly copied and pasted was even vaguely interesting.
                    Dear eKatherine,thank you very much for your feedback! I am big fan of Marks Daily Apple,but guys I am not intending to surf like you do in the forums all day long,got more important things to do,and yes you are right since I am interested in nutrition and fitness since many years in my free time I am reading stuff from here and there and seeing this what I posted really decided to register and share with you so I collect some more opinions,may be the name of the tread it isn't correct,sorry about it,never wanted to bother Mark with bullshits personaly! and eKatherine,stand up from that chair and move out of the room a bit,it is obviously for me who is "getting paid" to post in forums as you mentioned! Life is moving,not sitting in front the PC and playing smart ass!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      For personal evidence, my CRP is very low and I regularly get 70% or more of my calories from fat. Daily. I'm sure it has occasionally, on a very high-protein day, dropped to something like 50%. But if fat were going to be inflammatory to me, it would have by now - and my CRP would be high. But it's not. Doing this three years.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                        For personal evidence, my CRP is very low and I regularly get 70% or more of my calories from fat. Daily. I'm sure it has occasionally, on a very high-protein day, dropped to something like 50%. But if fat were going to be inflammatory to me, it would have by now - and my CRP would be high. But it's not. Doing this three years.
                        Yours, Peter Attais, and most the research studies agree.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                          For personal evidence, my CRP is very low and I regularly get 70% or more of my calories from fat. Daily. I'm sure it has occasionally, on a very high-protein day, dropped to something like 50%. But if fat were going to be inflammatory to me, it would have by now - and my CRP would be high. But it's not. Doing this three years.
                          Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                          Yours, Peter Attia's, (fixed that for ya) and most the research studies agree.
                          will add my n~1 to this. 4 years of hflc, 2.5 years primal and my conventional health markers all are excellent.

                          am not sure the point of the op?
                          As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

                          Ernest Hemingway

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by lostov View Post
                            Dear eKatherine,thank you very much for your feedback! I am big fan of Marks Daily Apple,but guys I am not intending to surf like you do in the forums all day long,got more important things to do,and yes you are right since I am interested in nutrition and fitness since many years in my free time I am reading stuff from here and there and seeing this what I posted really decided to register and share with you so I collect some more opinions,may be the name of the tread it isn't correct,sorry about it,never wanted to bother Mark with bullshits personaly! and eKatherine,stand up from that chair and move out of the room a bit,it is obviously for me who is "getting paid" to post in forums as you mentioned! Life is moving,not sitting in front the PC and playing smart ass!
                            Those who spend their free time in forums reading and commenting are obviously only there because they are being paid to do so, while trolls who register for the sole purpose of starting inflammatory threads are pure in heart and mind. Gotcha.

                            But then, one must accuse others of doing exactly what you are doing, mustn't you?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by lostov View Post
                              Life is moving,not sitting in front the PC and playing smart ass!
                              I'm not playing... I'm the real deal

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X