Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coca-Cola

It seems Mexicans are now fatter than U.S. citizens:

According to new statistics Mexico is now the most obese nation on the planet. ...
    Could this have something to do with it?

Mexicans drink more Coca Cola than any other nationality, 225 litres (60 gallons) per person per year ... Coca Cola ... can be found even where there is no drinking water”
    Coca Cola-Drinking Mexico Now Most Obese Nation on Earth | DietDoctor.com

Doesn't their Coke have cane sugar as opposed to HFCS in the American version?

So they are averaging a littler over 21 oz per day per person. Damn, I used to drink at least double that.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

It probably doesn't help things, but of course there are other factors involved.

Comment

My guess is that it's general malnutrition and over-consumption from high-calorie, nutrient poor diets. Especially considering that beans, rice, and corn are staples, PUFA intake could be pretty high, quality-protein intake probably isn't as high as it should be, and there are serious vitamin and mineral deficiencies. Not to mention exposure to toxins, stress, and much more. Kinda like how most obesity occurs...

Comment

Coca Cola and Milk

Coca-Cola and Milk (Strange Chemical Reaction) - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
            Doesn't their Coke have cane sugar as opposed to HFCS in the American version?
            Yes. They also however eat tons and tons of corn. Go to a Mexican grocery, it's tons and tons of sugary drinks and tons and tons of corn based products.
            -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Comment

Actually, "Mexican" coca-cola no longer has cane sugar in it. Rather, it doesn't in Mexico proper. The U.S. will still be able to get cane sugar "Mexican" coca-cola though.

We have (had?) a Mexican grocer across from my house. The food stock was 99% junk...and I don't think I'm exaggerating either. Probably the only thing that wasn't packaged, sugared junk or some other kind of crap was the tiny tiny produce bin (usually empty or nearly so) that only ever housed tomatillos, jalapenos, plaintain and briefly cactus. I think they're headed out of the grocery business, though, since it was a grocer/taquería for a while, and their grocer stock was ever shrinking.

M.

Comment

As F.Fellini stated, it's more than likely a combination of multiple poor nutritional options and choices, as well as a movement toward more of the creature comforts we have in the US. It seems that the more any country adopts US norms, the farther they get from ideal. Don't get me wrong, I love my country, we've just made a lot of poor choices over the last few generations and others are following our lead.

Comment

Coca Cola and Milk
                  I think the acidity of the coke is curdling the milk
                  My opinions and some justification

Comment

Originally posted by alicepattinson
                    Why would even milk be paired with a coke? hihihi
                    To get swole bro!

bwahahahaha

Comment

They love snow cones (liquid sugar squirted on shaved ice), candy of any kind, lots of sugary drinks/colas, fried foods - fried bread, fried meat, etc...lots of grain/corn/bread products, and the portions are generally huge. My husband used to buy breakfast burritos from mexican ice chest vendors and food truck vendors in S.A. and Corpus. Their burritos taste great, but they are the size of a newborn baby! I could never live in Mexico. I would be 900lbs in a week. I LOVEEEE mexican food.

Comment

Coca-Cola

So my friend isn't Mexican but is Cuban, but god damn when she visited me for a week she was like "can we get ice cream?" "Ooo $.99 12-pack of m&m's (Halloween discount)... Getting it""want some cheese, bacon, chicken fried rice?" "Oooh cookies (at the grocery store)." Every two seconds. She rarely ate food that wasn't a rice or wheat/cheese combination. She also brought home a very large container of pastries home with her.

I was had to finally tell her "I don't eat junk. Sorry. I basically just eat meat, eggs, and fruit" and she replied "omg I would never be able to live like that." I didn't want to gain more body fat.

I have noticed this way of eating with Mexican families as well when I go to their parties and such...

So yeah, coca cola isn't the only factor. They just eat even more junk food than Americans.
                        ------
                        HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

The Mexican workers I see coming into the convenient store in the morning load up on soft drinks, surgery-gummy candies, and put about 3/4" deep worth of sugar into the bottom of their cup before adding coffee.

The toughest place to order primal is a Mexican restaurant.
                          Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott F View Post
                            The Mexican workers I see coming into the convenient store in the morning load up on soft drinks, surgery-gummy candies, and put about 3/4" deep worth of sugar into the bottom of their cup before adding coffee.
                            Lots of manual labor, works great for them becuase they burn it off... until they get injured or unemployed, then they swell up. When I worked at Lowes many many moons ago we had a guy that would come in and he had a twin brother. He was basically a step above a slum lord and had tons of crappy houses and was always in buying new door locks, he was probably 5'10 and north of 300lbs, his brother did all of the actual repairs and would sometimes come in for doors or drywall and mind you identical twin and was probably 140lbs heh. One counted money for a living and the other worked all day as a contractor.

Comment

You don't just burn it off that easily. I know 3 postal workers who walk a route. I've asked two how many miles they walk in a day. Just two weeks ago I asked one. They walk about 6 to 8 miles per day. I knew all three before they ever became postal workers. One is basically lean although he's gained some waiste (not a type po). The other two have always been overweight.

Here's the, co/co, problem: you can google calorie per mile calculator, at 205lb I average 109 calories per mile of walking. If a person wanted to walk the calories off, how many mile would he/she need to walk to burn the calories in one mile? There's 3500 calories in a pound of fat. To burn off one pound of body fat equivalent in calories a person burning 100 calories per mile would have to walk 35 miles (3500/100=3 miles). To walk off 20lbs this person would have to walk 700 miles! 35 mile x 20lbs = 700miles.

You are presupposing that those two brothers are the same diet. I don't think so.

I worked the oilfield for years as a pumper/roustabout. (I make a living as an oilfield investor) I've known plenty of fat oilfield workers in my life. They don't work off the brown bag lunches they carry to work.

What I notice, today, in the friends I have is that the ones who are fat are starch eating carbivores who also like their sweets.
                              Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Working...
                              X