Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Einkorn, the original Wheat - OK for Celiacs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'm wrong on both counts. I give up on those two counts.

As to this research section, the discussion started out due to a research paper on "The treatment of celiac disease is based on lifelong withdrawal of foods containing gluten".
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
      OK, I'm wrong on both counts. I give up on those two counts.

As to this research section, the discussion started out due to a research paper on "The treatment of celiac disease is based on lifelong withdrawal of foods containing gluten".
      There's a lot of research papers that draw that conclusion.

Comment

I think that stuff also lacked much in the way of yeast. I -think- at that point in time, the whole loaf's worth of dough was left out to yeast up (vs using a starter or dried yeast). That takes time.

Speaking of which, busy planning a move, so I haven't had time / money to order this stuff and experiment. But, once I'm settled, I certainly will.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
          I think that stuff also lacked much in the way of yeast. I -think- at that point in time, the whole loaf's worth of dough was left out to yeast up (vs using a starter or dried yeast). That takes time.

Speaking of which, busy planning a move, so I haven't had time / money to order this stuff and experiment. But, once I'm settled, I certainly will.

M.
          So - - we're waiting with baited breath for you to make this bread and tell us what it's like. When?
          "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
            Also because of all the crap they add to replace the gluten. But basically the gluten-free bread still has all the disadvantages of the long-chain hybridized or GMO grain.
            I've bought that stuff sometimes (I think UK products are different) and they usually crumble like Dracula with a stake in him, due to the lack of gluten, and they're best used toasted - they're mainly based on tapioca here, with some rice starch, and there's usually egg in them as a binder.

They're not something I'm into now, but the labels of what I bought didn't scream "frankenfood" levels of gross, anyway.

I'm with those here who wouldn't take the risk with the einkorn stuff, also, I've personally come to the conclusion all cereals are evil, I only eat rice occasionally out of revenge - "boil you miserable little buggers!"

Oh yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich67ard
              It was very tasty.
              Did you make it yourself? With what materials?

Comment

Working...
              X