Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need proof (articles, studies etc.) of small dense LDL!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need proof (articles, studies etc.) of small dense LDL!

Hi folks! I'm pretty new on board (on this forum) but have been a part of the primal family for some years now. Anyway. I'm studying Nutrition on university level and I have a professor now who is to say not so open minded. If someone suggest something else than what she is saying she always says "you are wrong, thats not true". Now a few people asked her about the small dense LDL particles and their roll in cardiovascular disease and she denied they even existed. She said she should look it up til todays lecture because so many said they had heard about it but today she said she had not found a thing about it.

I have found plenty of articles though, but I'm not sure they are "serious" enough for this stubborn woman, so I need your help. Do you know of any good articles or studies on this subject? I would prefer if they werent obviously paleo or primal, because she would reject that as b*shit. I have her on monday again and I would like to show her then.

Thank you!

By the way, English is not my native language so it is a challenge for me to search through PubMed for example, I understand the most of it but it requires much time and effort! So please don't give me a link and tell me to search myself, I don't expect you to search for me either, but IF you have anything I gladly take it!

Comment

The Diet-Heart Myth: Why Everyone Should Know Their LDL Particle Number

The teacher isn't going to be impressed by a Chinese doctor like Chris Kresser, but there are some links.
      Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

My MDA Friday success story - Stubborn Senior's Testimonial

Comment

Would these be serious enough? None of these studies were undertaken to prove the existence of small dense LDL, but they rely quite heavily on the accepted (by most at least) fact that the exist :-)

JCEM | Mobile
        THE SMALL, DENSE LDL PHENOTYPE AND THE RISK OF CORONARY HEART DISEASE: EPIDEMIOLOGY, PATHO-PHYSIOLOGY AND THERAPEUTIC ASPECTS - EM|consulte
        Circulation
        Circulation
        Elsevier
        Low-density lipoprotein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ( I know it's Wikipedia, but it links off to lots of references)

You could also ask her to explain the purpose of Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) particle analysis with regards to cholesterol and lipoprotein.
        Last edited by Misabi; 04-26-2013, 10:46 PM.
        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Here is a Jan 2006 article from Oxford University Press's QJM
          Low-density lipoprotein size and cardiovascular risk assessment

Oxford sounds like a serious source.

Comment

Working...
          X