No announcement yet.

Stop referencing Dr Andrew Weil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing on that man looks 72! His body looks 32 and his face looks 82.

Comment

I does seem that way to me. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to a hairdresser who had horrid hair, or a dentist with bad teeth. But for some reason they just can't seem to take their own medicine

It feels odd but that picture of the 72 yr old guy reminds me of my Dad, who is now 92. He, all his adult life was a 40 chest and 30 waist and had muscles on muscles. He got it the natural way, a heck of a lot of hard work in the mines. He kept that figure way into his late 70s. So much so when my sister was rebuilding half of her house he actually held up the house support beams with his bare hands while people worked around him to put in the proper support. Many other stories of his brute strength that I won't bore you with, but I would call him very primal for his day, always wanted everyone's leftover fat and meat, didn't really eat much in the way of sugar, but did have some bread. He still looks amazing for 92 and always has a smile on his face. Love my Dad....
      Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
      Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
      Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergirl View Post
        I does seem that way to me. I wouldn't feel comfortable going to a hairdresser who had horrid hair...
        Oddly enough, she might be the best one there. Hairdressers rarely cut their own hair, so someone else probably cut it, and that's the one you want to avoid.
        Durp.

Comment

for real, physical appearance isn't always the best to go on

for example, i am a genius. but i look like a super model.

beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

I feel the emphasis should be placed towards the message than the messenger.

I know of many adults who have made mistakes, but have told their children to learn from those mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by StephenHLi View Post
              I feel the emphasis should be placed towards the message than the messenger.

I know of many adults who have made mistakes, but have told their children to learn from those mistakes.
              A parent makes a mistake, is humbled by it and shares it with his/her child with the sincere intent of helping their child avoid the same painful mistake. In most cases, the parent will not repeat that mistake. OTOH, Weil is making millions of dollars repeatedly putting forth propaganda that he either does not believe is true or is not sufficiently committed to it to follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Artbuc View Post
                A parent makes a mistake, is humbled by it and shares it with his/her child with the sincere intent of helping their child avoid the same painful mistake. In most cases, the parent will not repeat that mistake. OTOH, Weil is making millions of dollars repeatedly putting forth propaganda that he either does not believe is true or is not sufficiently committed to it to follow.
                But again, does that make the message faulty or just the messenger?

I honestly couldn't tell you one single thing this man promotes, so I'm not arguing for him. I'm just saying that the worst people can still have good ideas.
                Durp.

Comment

I am sorry but if you are a hairdresser and have horrid hair, you are not touching mine. If you are working in a field that is about looks - then you need to walk the walk. Same goes for a professional who is telling me what I need to do to be healthy. I realize there are a lot of reasons out there for people to be out of shape and/or overweight, but I really just cannot take you seriously if you are in the medical profession and do not heed your own advice.

Comment

I think that he is a perfect example of how hard it is to eat healthy- with low fat and high carbs.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by Pam916 View Post
                      I am sorry but if you are a hairdresser and have horrid hair, you are not touching mine. If you are working in a field that is about looks - then you need to walk the walk. Same goes for a professional who is telling me what I need to do to be healthy. I realize there are a lot of reasons out there for people to be out of shape and/or overweight, but I really just cannot take you seriously if you are in the medical profession and do not heed your own advice.
                      Yup. That's why house painters walk around with paint all over their clothes. If you want to be taken seriously as a house painter you'd better have a good coat of paint yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Pam916 View Post
                        So you have given up on doctors entirely, because so many of them are not in a state of perfect health and fitness?

Is physical perfection the only true sign of wisdom and knowledge about health in your mind?

Comment

Is physical perfection the only true sign of wisdom and knowledge about health in your mind?
                          If I go to someone for overall lifestyle and nutrition "wellness" advice, that writes books on the topic, I would expect them to at least not be obese. To me, the ability to actually make permanant meaningful change is important and if the "expert" can't make it work, how can I expect to make it work? "Hey, eat a low fat diet with grains and you will be a healthy weight"- obviously he either follows it and it does not work OR he can't follow his own advice.

Mark Sisson looks great- obviously his advice works and he can follow it.

I think that having developed the "most ideal diet" is meaningless if people can't stick to it.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
                            So you have given up on doctors entirely, because so many of them are not in a state of perfect health and fitness?

Absolutely not. My doctor is overweight and I am fine with her prescribing meds for a sinus infection, strep throat or doing my yearly physical. Her credentials are on the wall. However, I would question her immediately if she were to tell me to lose weight and provide me with information on how to do so when she CLEARLY does not follow that same path in her life. Walk the walk, talk the talk. Her credentials for following a healthy lifestyle are written all over her person.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              when i think of hot santas all i can think of is that 72 year old dude who takes steroids so from the neck up he's an old bald dude, but from the neck down he's a giant slab of beef

it's like bad photoshop and it disturbs me
                              Here is Santa! Not that unlike Andrew Weil either:

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Daaaaang
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X