Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Factory meat article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Factory meat article

    Is Red Meat – Or FAKE Meat – Killing Us? | Washington's Blog
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

  • #2
    Indeed.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

    Comment


    • #3
      I get an error message. Sorry
      "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

      Comment


      • #4
        Exactly. People know this and still eat this meat and support this factory system. Don't be one of them.
        Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
          I get an error message. Sorry
          That's too bad Cryptocode, it appears to be a good link. Anyway , the article goes into detail surrounding some of the terrible and disgusting practices found in the factory farming system.
          "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by itchy166 View Post
            That's too bad Cryptocode, it appears to be a good link. Anyway , the article goes into detail surrounding some of the terrible and disgusting practices found in the factory farming system.
            It worked today. Thanks. So, they compared Commercial beef to Commercial "poultry, fish or vegetables, whole grains and other healthy foods". What a waste of money for the study. Don't eat any of it, none of it is real food, and after my experience, if you eat it long enough it will kill you, just like it kills the beef, swine, poultry, and farm fish.

            I've seen the documentary films of cattle feeding and processing, corn raising and wheat raising, and visited several commercial farms and 1 feed-lot. It's really sickening. Before starting PB I was really mad at the Fed. Gov't and their Federal Reserve Bank because of their theft of our money through inflation and taxes. Our country is completely bankrupt. After PB I learn that the Fed. Gov't, the USDA, the FDA, the CDC, and the NIH is clearly out to kill us bodily. They have it set to occur not overly long after retirement, that saves on Social Security and Medicare. We're slaves that they work to the point of death, they hope.

            I'm no longer mad or angry. I've completely bought out of the Gov't and their culture every way I easily can. I apologize for expressing so openly my negativity on these subjects.
            "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

            Comment


            • #7
              Thanks for posting that, man. I was just lamenting the invoice for the order I just put in with my local farmer (technically I was lamenting that my checking account balance will be in the single digits when she drops off my meat and eggs), and this came at the right time. I'll read it again next week when I have to as the attendant at the gas station (we can't pump our own in NJ) to put $7 of gas in my car because it's all I have left until payday.
              The Champagne of Beards

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
                It worked today. Thanks. So, they compared Commercial beef to Commercial "poultry, fish or vegetables, whole grains and other healthy foods". What a waste of money for the study. Don't eat any of it, none of it is real food, and after my experience, if you eat it long enough it will kill you, just like it kills the beef, swine, poultry, and farm fish.

                I've seen the documentary films of cattle feeding and processing, corn raising and wheat raising, and visited several commercial farms and 1 feed-lot. It's really sickening. Before starting PB I was really mad at the Fed. Gov't and their Federal Reserve Bank because of their theft of our money through inflation and taxes. Our country is completely bankrupt. After PB I learn that the Fed. Gov't, the USDA, the FDA, the CDC, and the NIH is clearly out to kill us bodily. They have it set to occur not overly long after retirement, that saves on Social Security and Medicare. We're slaves that they work to the point of death, they hope.

                I'm no longer mad or angry. I've completely bought out of the Gov't and their culture every way I easily can. I apologize for expressing so openly my negativity on these subjects.
                No need to apologize to me for an anti-Gov't rant. I'm an anarchist.
                "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  Thanks for posting that, man. I was just lamenting the invoice for the order I just put in with my local farmer (technically I was lamenting that my checking account balance will be in the single digits when she drops off my meat and eggs), and this came at the right time. I'll read it again next week when I have to as the attendant at the gas station (we can't pump our own in NJ) to put $7 of gas in my car because it's all I have left until payday.
                  I feel the same way, I've always known that conventional factory beef was inferior, but reading this has put it squarely in the disgusting category.

                  I'm saving for a second freezer and a side of grass-fed beef myself...
                  "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I know you're an anarchist, I am also. We did buy a freezer before Christmas, and it's full of 1/2 a GF cow with bones, but no fat. Strange butcher. We also left the head. I think next time I'll take it. As a child I used to like brains and eggs for breakfast. I've got the whole liver in one huge mass. It's getting time to make pate, but I think I'll take it to the local mexican butcher (the only real cutter around here) and have him reduce it to 2# chunks. As soon as there's room, I'd like to add a lamb and a chevon.
                    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      In comparing Commercial beef to Commercial "poultry, fish or vegetables, whole grains and other healthy foods" how do you like these Free Range Chickens?
                      The Benefits of Pasture Raised Eggs | Small Footprint Family
                      I'm permanently dumbfounded and amazed by the food industries considerable ability to raise animals to the age of highest profitability followed 2 months later by death. They're not as perfect with humans, a fairly small percent live much longer that 65, but as the next generation shows, they're getting better at it.
                      We have 2 beagles and although I've thought about raising our own chickens (we have enough grass to raise them on) it's just not possible with beagles. But I am thinking of getting a nanny goat.
                      "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by itchy166 View Post
                        I feel the same way, I've always known that conventional factory beef was inferior, but reading this has put it squarely in the disgusting category.

                        I'm saving for a second freezer and a side of grass-fed beef myself...
                        Yeah, the $140+ U.S. I just spent with my farmer netted me a pretty overflowing regular freezer. Focused on the cheap bits and still probably paid twice as much per lb. as I would have buying more "prime" cuts at the grocery store on average, but worth every penny without question. Chest freezer and buying bulk is definitely the way to go.
                        The Champagne of Beards

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Thanks for sharing - very enlightening

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cryptocode View Post
                            In comparing Commercial beef to Commercial "poultry, fish or vegetables, whole grains and other healthy foods" how do you like these Free Range Chickens?
                            The Benefits of Pasture Raised Eggs | Small Footprint Family
                            I'm permanently dumbfounded and amazed by the food industries considerable ability to raise animals to the age of highest profitability followed 2 months later by death. They're not as perfect with humans, a fairly small percent live much longer that 65, but as the next generation shows, they're getting better at it.
                            We have 2 beagles and although I've thought about raising our own chickens (we have enough grass to raise them on) it's just not possible with beagles. But I am thinking of getting a nanny goat.
                            I don't really have room for raising any animals where I am, but my wife was asking me about raising chickens earlier today. Not so sure my Boston Terrier would get along to well
                            "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Joel Salatin says you can raise 2 chickens in a 50 gallon terrarium. I've yet to give this a try.
                              The Champagne of Beards

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X