Factory meat article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Joel Salatin says you can raise 2 chickens in a 50 gallon terrarium. I've yet to give this a try.
    They would not be open range chickens. Would you feed them commercial chicken feed. That would be really bad. I'm still thinking about chickens for eggs and meat. How would this work?

Two chickens would give us enough eggs. U.S. Wellness has good dog food. I think Chickens are omnivores so I could smash the dog food with a hammer to feed the chickens.
    Chickens Are Omnivores: It
    Or maybe buy sacks of worms. I'll bet that would be expensive. We have tons of snails every spring.
    But if I want chickens for meat, preferably <3 lb roasters I need chicks, this require a rooster, who crows every morning. Or I could just buy pullets? We'd also need a butcher, killing roasters doesn't sound like my kind of fun. I'll look into mobile butchers.

A goat would be for meat and milk. When I started PB I didn't drop dairy and had no problems with dairy. Then I dropped it for 2 months. The 4th month I've tried to add it back in and by body says NO. Stuffy nose, sinuses, and mucus in my throat and mouth. I hope that's only lactin, and not casin. Hard cheese seems still seems to be OK. But Oh how I love cream which supposedly has no lactin but does have casin. Cream in coffee, cream on berries, cream in liver pate, etc.
    A goat has to be milked day and night, always. Maybe I'll just ask our mexican butcher if he can provide one. I'm not really worried about CW fed goat. Goats just graze wild, on anything.
    Last edited by Cryptocode; 03-05-2013, 03:59 PM.
    "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

but you cant let down the bones get snatched from your tounge
      Last edited by AureliaWaterman; 05-21-2013, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Makes me glad I found a local butcher after switching to primal that only gets his meat from local farms.

My wife won't go there anymore because once we went in and there was half a cow on a table in back being carved up.

Comment

Originally posted by hilliardjoe View Post
          Makes me glad I found a local butcher after switching to primal that only gets his meat from local farms.

My wife won't go there anymore because once we went in and there was half a cow on a table in back being carved up.
          We've come a long, long way from the days our country was settled.
          "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Working...
          X