No announcement yet.

Scientist Wife Not Buying It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always laugh a bit when I hear about people who question eating primal. The majority I have seen question it because they don't want to follow it. They want to keep their grains and other foods and convince themselves that it's really not that bad for them, especially in moderation.

I've yet to see a sound argument, scientific or otherwise, that says eating foods that have been processed is healthier than eating foods that are natural and/or clean. I do not think it is our responsibility to convince other people to see common sense. We live by example and when they really want to improve their health, they will come around.
    5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
    Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
    Weight: 259
    Total Cholesterol: 243
    LDL: 188
    HDL: 40
    Trig: 96

2-18-11
    Weight: 228
    Total Cholesterol: 239
    LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)
    HDL: 46
    Trig: 49

6-23-11
    Weight: 197.2
    Total Cholesterol: 225
    LDL: 161 (calc), 120 (actual)
    HDL: 56
    Trig: 38

Comment

Originally posted by Wulf View Post
      because there is money to be made from industrial / factory foods.
      That's exactly right. And that's why there is so much confusion and misinformation in the United States. Unfortunately, I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kvalhion View Post
        I always laugh a bit when I hear about people who question eating primal. The majority I have seen question it because they don't want to follow it. They want to keep their grains and other foods and convince themselves that it's really not that bad for them, especially in moderation.

I've yet to see a sound argument, scientific or otherwise, that says eating foods that have been processed is healthier than eating foods that are natural and/or clean. I do not think it is our responsibility to convince other people to see common sense. We live by example and when they really want to improve their health, they will come around.

I agree totally with all of this. Great advice IMHO ^^^^^
        Caution! My replies may contain traces of nuts!. My posts are just my opinion based on my experience with the primal way of life, there is no assurance it will work with others in the same way.

Started Primal 15th October 2012
        Height 5'9"
        Start weight 200lb
        Loss so far 33.8lbs, now 166.2lb
        Goal was 168lb's

Comment

Working...
        X