Gunman's medications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunman's medications

It's not clear to me from this article whether he was currently taking it. It certainly sounds like bad news:

From Drugs.com, side effects of the drug Fanapt:
    Psychiatric
    Psychiatric side effects including restlessness, aggression, and delusion have been reported frequently. Hostility, decreased libido, paranoia, anorgasmia, confusional state, mania, catatonia, mood swings, panic attack, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bulimia nervosa, delirium, polydipsia psychogenic, impulse-control disorder, and major depression have been reported infrequently.
    Adam Lanza Taking Antipsychotics - Business Insider

Why am I not surprised by this? I was actually waiting to see pharmaceuticals turn up in the news reports.

Random killings seem not to be a new phenomenon. Whether they occurred as often in the past is another question. And if the truth were known, I think we might be surprised at how often pharmaceuticals are involved in current murder-sprees. I don't mean to say that they would be "the cause" but that they would be there as a factor.

The killer was also said to be a vegan, which can hardly have helped his mental stability.

thanks for posting this

Comment

So the side effects of an antipsychotic are psychosis mixed with sexual frustration and self control issues? Sounds like we're lucky the kids weren't raped before getting shot. Who the hell would even invent a drug like that?
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
        And if the truth were known, I think we might be surprised at how often pharmaceuticals are involved in current murder-sprees.
        All of them that ive heard of.

The Thurston one(Kip Kinkle) I know for sure was on medications. I lived 2 blocks away from the school at the time it happened & if my sister hadent been home-schooled she would have been there.
        Last edited by DinoHunter; 12-19-2012, 02:12 PM.
        Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I've been wanting to research diet and mental health. I know in the two or three years leading up to my going Primal I had a mild depression. Being slightly vegan/mostly vegetarian during that time, I am fairly certain diet caused this depression. If he lead a life of bad eating, I'm wondering if that contributed greatly to his mental disorders.

Comment

True Source of Random Shootings and Violence is Often Psychotropic Drugs | Veterans Today

See the video on that link
            Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Which one is driving the bus, so to speak?

Are the anti-psychotic medications causing these people to go on suicidal rampages, or are they going on suicidal murder sprees because they're mentally and emotionally unstable psychos who just happen to be taking anti-psychotic medications?

And why on earth would someone leave unsecured weapons aroud in a hours with someone on anti-psychotic medications!?

Comment

What is the reason there were no shoots of this type before these drugs were introduced?
                Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

yeah,think so, I know in the two or three years leading up to my going Primal I had a mild depression.

Comment

Not that I trust the pharmaceutical companies any, nor do I have any doubt their products are dangerous, the Business Insider article now features this:
                    UPDATE: Since the publishing of this article, New York Daily News has removed the reference, the originator of the quote from Lanza's "uncle," because they believed him to be an "imposter."
                    There's an awful lot about this care that seems, well, weird. (And anytime the press gloms onto some factoid about it, J. Paul Vance is VERY quick to point out, "We didn't say that.")

Personally, I still want to know who the guy in camo trousers was, who the kid's docs were (and their CVs including past affiliations), and now, we can add who the hell was the guy pretending to be the kid's uncle (and doing it sufficiently convincing to get the Daily News to buy it).

Comment

Originally posted by CE402 View Post
                      Which one is driving the bus, so to speak?

Are the anti-psychotic medications causing these people to go on suicidal rampages, or are they going on suicidal murder sprees because they're mentally and emotionally unstable psychos who just happen to be taking anti-psychotic medications?

And why on earth would someone leave unsecured weapons aroud in a hours with someone on anti-psychotic medications!?
                      Thank you. There's so much speculation surrounding this horrific event that we may never know what really caused this, other than a woman who was incredibly stupid to leave unsecured weapons around a child who obviously had serious issues.
                      Buy house, Demolish house, Build house.

Comment

We can't even know for certain THAT's the case.

Comment

Very quickly....

"...More recently, it has been discovered that cholesterol is needed to activate a protein called Sonic Hedgehog (SHH) which plays a central role in neural patterning, mood regulation, and cerebral development5. This could be why individuals with cholesterol deficiency are more prone to aggressive behavior, lack of attention, increased number of infections, and motor difficulty6. Cholesterol is essential for the proper functioning of serotonin receptors which are responsible for good mood and oxytocin receptors needed for good social interactions and interpersonal bonding7..."

http://www.generationrescue.org/latest-news/resources/the-role-of-cholesterol-in-autistic-behaviors/

Chris Masterjohn:

"...This concept, that when cholesterol made in the brain proves insufficient to meet the brain’s needs the brain can compensate by taking cholesterol from the blood, goes a long way in explaining whyall of the mental problems suffered by Smith-Lemli-Opitz Syndrome (SLOS) patients improve with dietary cholesterol. In fact, the FDA has even approved a pharmaceutical-grade cholesterol supplement to improve the retardation, hyperactivity, irritability, poor attention span, and tendency toward aggressive and self-injuring behavior seen in these children..."

Chris Masterjohn on cholesterol

Parental Testimonials:

"...Dramatic decrease in aggression
                          “Cholesterol raised my son’s levels from 117 to 159. We have to give 5 capsules a day to maintain that cholesterol level but we had a dramatic decrease in his aggression at school overnight when we started it. His teachers and therapists all asked us what we were doing. It was amazing for us.”
                          ~ Frank, Oklahoma City, OK..."

"...Head banging stopped
                          “My son is significantly less aggressive when on just one capsule of cholesterol. He stopped head banging and being aggressive towards others; in addition, after a couple of months on the product, he started to spell for the first time. I stopped giving it for one week and his aggressiveness came back, so I am a believer.”
                          ~ Mary, Atlanta, GA..."

http://www.greatplainslaboratory.com...n%20Autism.pdf

Bottom line, it is not just ONE factor. Once you mix a poor diet with an underlying condition/disorder/illness/disease and add to that with a cocktail of drugs.....the symptoms can become full blown and aggravated.

We need to look a little deeper and focus a little more attention to people like Adam. Maybe the mainstream treatment and lifestyle recommendations are extremely lacking when it comes to people like Adam.

Comment

Working...
                          X