Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Requesting Carbohydrate Curve Research References

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Requesting Carbohydrate Curve Research References

    I'm new on the forum, started on the diet a week ago, and have hopped and skipped around the book.

    I love the Carb Curve idea, but would appreciate some references and links to more in-depth info before I start sharing this info with my patients.

    Always more to learn . . . Thanks!

  • #2
    Not my bisiness but if you're interested in carbohydrate-restriction for medical applications why wouldn't you contact the American Society of Bariatric Physicians. I guess this site is aimed at "end-users" and won't go into the kind of depth you'd want.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Lewis View Post
      Not my bisiness but if you're interested in carbohydrate-restriction for medical applications why wouldn't you contact the American Society of Bariatric Physicians. I guess this site is aimed at "end-users" and won't go into the kind of depth you'd want.
      Thanks Lewis

      I'm really looking for a reply from Mark on this one, since it's his book. This is such an important piece of information that it deserves a reference.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'd suggest emailing him directly then since he doesn't tend to post on the forum often.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

        Owly's Journal

        Comment


        • #5
          hey, you're not going to find any scientific evidence backing up the PB carbohydrate curve, because, though i love mark, it's complete bullshit. there's no magical number (150 or otherwise) at which carbs lead to weight gain (insidious or otherwise).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by jakey View Post
            hey, you're not going to find any scientific evidence backing up the PB carbohydrate curve, because, though i love mark, it's complete bullshit. there's no magical number (150 or otherwise) at which carbs lead to weight gain (insidious or otherwise).
            Yeah, I was dropping weight steadily in the 100-150 range and have slowed as I have gotten below 100. Of course I am closer to a normal weight, so slower is to be expected, regardless. If I was larger, I bet I could have lost weight in the insidious range, just because my total calories would have been more. In fact, I'm pretty sure my 5'11" husband lost his whole 40 lbs in the insidious range, because he has never given up grains completely.
            50yo, 5'3"
            SW-195
            CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
            GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by DrDane View Post
              Thanks Lewis

              I'm really looking for a reply from Mark on this one, since it's his book. This is such an important piece of information that it deserves a reference.
              Why would someone claiming to be a doctor not go to a professional organization for doctors. Mystifying!

              Comment

              Working...
              X