Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about a nice big bowl of poisonous opiate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How about a nice big bowl of poisonous opiate?

    Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison," doctor William Davis says:

    Modern wheat a "perfect, chronic poison," doctor says - CBS News

  • #2
    I'm glad Dr. Davis is getting more national attention!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

    >> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

    Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

    Comment


    • #3
      I like how that article doesn't mention the name of the book. I went to Amazon and looked up Dr. William Davis and realised they must be referring to Wheat Belly. Which I've read. So there's that.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by seashells View Post
        I like how that article doesn't mention the name of the book. I went to Amazon and looked up Dr. William Davis and realised they must be referring to Wheat Belly. Which I've read. So there's that.
        The TV interview did, though.

        On some other non-health forums I frquent, they were all bashing him and saying that his book had no studies backing it. Frankly, I don't recall it being that way, but it was about a year ago that I read it.

        I guess it just comes down to being willing to hear when you're ready.
        Durp.

        Comment


        • #5
          His book, Wheat Belly, is literally changing my obese mother's life! She has lost 30 pounds in the past two months and has NOT touched wheat AT ALL!
          Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
          http://thewoodsygal.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            For sure...

            If I want opiates I want the serious ones that come with a prescription and all the head spinning fun that those little babies entail.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by solstice View Post
              His book, Wheat Belly, is literally changing my obese mother's life! She has lost 30 pounds in the past two months and has NOT touched wheat AT ALL!
              I think Wheat Belly is a very good "gateway " book into Primal especially for a lot of older folks. It gets them to thinking about the way food used to be and realizing how adulterated today's foods are. This is a more effective place to start the discussion from than talking about Grok.

              Comment


              • #8
                @Cori09

                Haha! True . Thanks for the laugh, made my nose run...nasty cold here!

                Now who's gonna make me some bone broth? ...
                Last edited by RenegadeRN; 09-11-2012, 10:16 PM. Reason: To direct to Cori's last post

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by RenegadeRN View Post
                  @Cori09

                  Haha! True . Thanks for the laugh, made my nose run...nasty cold here!

                  Now who's gonna make me some bone broth? ...

                  Good ole chicken (skip the noodle) soup is what I'm using . It gels up very well after slow cooking the whole bird with organs and veggies so I'm sure I got a lot of the goodies out of it.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                    I think Wheat Belly is a very good "gateway " book into Primal especially for a lot of older folks. It gets them to thinking about the way food used to be and realizing how adulterated today's foods are. This is a more effective place to start the discussion from than talking about Grok.
                    That's what it was for her...that this wheat of "today" is not natural and has been so overbred and GM Wheat now---she can see it from that point of view. I never got through to her before in my past 6 years gluten free.
                    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
                    http://thewoodsygal.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I think what makes me angriest about GMO foods is the whole fact of even having to worry about it. IOW, in the "usual" course of life, we worry about our jobs, kids, school, the price of gas, our spouses, aging parents, etc. Now we have to worry about the poisons in our foods. It's probably the first thing in 30 years to wake me up politically.

                      Before I found Primal, I was about 80% here already (the food part), and it was taking me far too long to grocery shop because anything not on the produce, butcher, etc., aisle had lists of ingredients so long, and virtually everything had soy in it. I finally just gave up eating anything that comes in a can or box (one exception being tomato paste - list of ingredients: organic tomatoes). I was so resentful that if I wanted to eat anything except prepared from scratch food I had to eat garbage.

                      I hate hate hate the idea of these once fairly wholesome foods becoming Frankenfoods. On a health level, on a political level, on every level.

                      \rant
                      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                      B*tch-lite

                      Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Was driving through Montana and saw a field of dwarf wheat - very sad looking stuff.
                        Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
                        PS
                        Don't forget to play!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Dirlot View Post
                          Was driving through Montana and saw a field of dwarf wheat - very sad looking stuff.

                          Totally off topic, but I just realized that your picture is you holding onto a pole sideways! That's great!
                          Female, age 51, 5' 9"
                          SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

                          Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
                          2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X