Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating Meat Allowed Humans to Conquer Globe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Eating Meat Allowed Humans to Conquer Globe

    Eating Meat Allowed Humans to Conquer Globe, Scientists Say

    Apparently it's connected to the weaning period and allowed the human population to grow faster.
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

    If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

    Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

  • #2
    great article, thanks for posting
    Paleo since November 2011 - Carnivore since June 2012
    Before and after pics
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65846.html
    Primal Sucess Story
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65400.html
    Primal Journal
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post955444

    Comment


    • #3
      My mother actually gave birth to my brother before I was weaned so their increased pregnancy rate argument makes no sense. Although I'm sure that kids are more likely to start eating early if they have bacon waiting for them as opposed to lettuce.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
        My mother actually gave birth to my brother before I was weaned so their increased pregnancy rate argument makes no sense.
        You must not understand probability then.

        All breastfeeding has to do is decrease the chances of pregnancy to affect the birth rate.
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

        Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
          You must not understand probability then.

          All breastfeeding has to do is decrease the chances of pregnancy to affect the birth rate.
          They said it inhibits pregnancy, which I took to mean prevents. My mother is unnaturally fertile though so that could have something to do with it.
          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yeah, it very much depends on the hormones of the woman in question. I wouldn't rely on breastfeeding as the sole form of birth control.
            Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

            Griff's cholesterol primer
            5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
            Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
            TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
            bloodorchid is always right

            Comment


            • #7
              "Conquer" the globe. LOL

              Of course, eating a relatively bad diet and weaning the baby onto it as soon as possible allows even more expansion of the population. This is how you get cities.

              Thanks for the heads up, Twibble.

              Just looked up the paper. This one's coming from German and Swedish academics. (I wonder if the Swedes are LCHF people themselves.)

              PLoS ONE: Impact of Carnivory on Human Development and Evolution Revealed by a New Unifying Model of Weaning in Mammals

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Lewis View Post
                "Conquer" the globe. LOL

                Of course, eating a relatively bad diet and weaning the baby onto it as soon as possible allows even more expansion of the population. This is how you get cities.

                Thanks for the heads up, Twibble.

                Just looked up the paper. This one's coming from German and Swedish academics. (I wonder if the Swedes are LCHF people themselves.)

                PLoS ONE: Impact of Carnivory on Human Development and Evolution Revealed by a New Unifying Model of Weaning in Mammals
                From what i hear the LCHF diet is huge in sweden.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I wonder why societies they got their information from? the !Kung tribe generally have a 4 yr break between babies. And like Alex's mum, all of mine (except the first of course) were conceived while a sibling was still feeding. Mine have about a 2.5 yr break between them.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X