Do We Really Know What Makes Us Healthy? - Gary Taubes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do We Really Know What Makes Us Healthy? - Gary Taubes

This is an article published in the New York Times in 2007, written by Gary Taubes prior to the release of Good Calories, Bad Calories.

It paints the remarkable portrait of how unreliable information often becomes worthless and potentially dangerous medical advice.

The article is 9 pages long and it was completely worth reading. For those who aren't aware of the differences between observational studies (ex: The China Study) and randomized double-blind trials, you will be enlightened.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/16/magazine/16epidemiology-t.html?pagewanted=1&_r=2

Thoughts?

Absolutely REQUIRED reading. Thanks for re-linking it back up here. I'm enjoying reading again, this time for remarking at how prescient GT was 3 years ago, which is rather a long time in this recent "movement."

Comment

That had a big impact on me when it came out. I'm reading GCBC right now.

Comment

Yes we do. A diet rich in fibrous whole grains and fruits vegetables.

Comment

Jesus Christ, not again.

Kid has no life.

Comment

I fed Troll two weeks in a row. Mea Culpa.

I will not feed it again.

Comment

WATCH PIANOLADY'S BUTTOCKS SWAY SIDE TO SIDE BECAUSE OF HER OBESITY INDUCING PRIMAL DIET

Comment

That's strange Ashley because all I see are grain fed, fructose loving obese/diabetics lagging behind while the paleos sprint to a rib-eye steak carry kettlebells in their pockets. You have something to say Ashley, say it alongiside some research but I suggest you stop being obnoxious to this community.

Comment

Working...
                X