Amish farm kids remarkably immune to allergies: study

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amish farm kids remarkably immune to allergies: study

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - Amish children raised on rural farms in northern Indiana suffer from asthma and allergies less often even than Swiss farm kids, a group known to be relatively free from allergies, according to a new study.
    Amish farm kids remarkably immune to allergies: study - Yahoo! News Canada

I seriously doubt Amish mothers are running around with Lysol, hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap, etc. Hygiene hypothesis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Ha! Very interesting huh!

organic food, low stress, close relationships, no GMOs, no vaccines and the bloody dangerous raw milk... Makes sense!!!

Comment

It's long been known that farm kids have fewer allergies, it's largely because they play in the dirt. But I bet the raw milk helps too. I'm sure Grok didn't have a cleaning fetish or sanitary handwipes!
        Odille
        F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
        following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Comment

I don't want to toot my own horn, but I read about the hygiene hypothesis (over-sanitation resulting in allergies and gut issues) when I was pregnant with our now 4yo. I backed off on the chemical cleaners, thought things through, and I am *so glad* I did. She has only been sick a few times in her life (and those were minor) and she has never needed antibiotics. While she doesn't go to daycare, she went to drop-in care a lot, and sick kids end up there more than you'd like to think.

Dirt is good for us. We've taken it much too far, and it's kinda scary because we're breeding superbugs and super allergies... There was an article that came out when I was pregnant that I can't help but refer back to: Why Americans should eat more excrement. - Slate Magazine

Comment

Very interesting meeshar!

Ive heard some reports that people with gut issues (bacteria overgrowths, etc) should drink really high quality organic soil mix with water.

Sanitizing everything just makes us weaker.

Comment

Originally posted by ozbuckley View Post
              organic food, low stress, close relationships, no GMOs, no vaccines and the bloody dangerous raw milk... Makes sense!!!
              FARMAGEDDON

Comment

Originally posted by js290 View Post
                lol!!!

Comment

that is great, nice post.

Comment

"Drinking raw cow's milk also seems to be involved, Holbreich said." HMMMMM!!

Comment

Working...
                    X