Glucose/Carbohydrate link to cancer growth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glucose/Carbohydrate link to cancer growth

Does anyone here have links to actual studies showing the effect of glucose and/or glucose-starvation on cancer cells? I know I've read in more than one place that cancer cells are extremely glucose-sensitive and require it in large amounts to survive, and in fact are unable to survive on any other source of energy (eg ketones)

Here's a few cancer and ketogenic diet - Google Scholar

and a couple more cancer and carbohydrate restriction - Google Scholar

Comment

Thanks, for this.
      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

I wish the public could get this, it would calm the so-called 'war on cancer'.

Comment

The best resource I could find was this:

http://www.ketotic.org/2011/08/advan...enic-diet.html

It is the "map" I used when we tried ketogenic dieting earlier this year for my mom's breast cancer. She transitioned to very low carb primal (meat, veggies, fats ONLY... 100% compliance) instead though. Her blood glucose never would read in the "sweet spot" unless she was completely water fasting, and her urinary ketones are not in the "sweet spot" either unless she downs tons of coconut oil, which makes her stomach hurt. So we decided that for some reason, her body won't let her get into (or stay in) the "sweet spot" and since success outside of this range was limited according to the report, we are now pursuing other routes. Still very low carb (and only from veggies really) but less restrictive than when we were constantly measuring blood glucose and ketones.
          Last edited by GrokON; 03-29-2012, 02:40 PM.
          5'6" Female, 29 Years Old, 260/195/120

"Discipline is choosing between what you want NOW, and what you want MOST!"

Comment

Thanks, for the anecdote, GrokON
            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Working...
            X