I'm always hungry!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm always hungry!!!!

Since starting this diet, I've been feeling hungry or have a gnawing feeling in my stomach a good amount of the time. This is only day four of the 30 day challenge and am wondering if I need to just stick this out or eat more?? I'm not sure if I'm actually hungry, as nothing sounds that good to me. Any thoughts?? Suggestions?? Thank you!!!

I suggest eating more- especially protein and good fat. The whole point of this way of life is to learn to listen to your body. Eat until you are sated and then don't eat until you are hungry again. Once your body gets used to it, you'll find the hunger signals get longer in between and much less urgent. Hang in there! It's worth it!
    You don't have to be sick to get better.
    Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
    Primal start: 1/2/2012
    My Primal Journal
    Living, loving and learning.

Comment

Eat more fat! You don't need to be hungry.

Comment

How much are you eating?
        Depression Lies

Comment

If it's the difference between:

-staying on a path of eating good healthy WHOLE veggies and meats while avoiding toxins, especially grains and processed sugars

OR

-going back to doing what you've done in the past

Then definitely, eat more in the short term. It's a challenge initially to eat this way, especially if you are coming from something very different. Don't heap more stress on yourself by going around hungry all the time. After a month or so and your body has adjusted from getting the majority of it's energy from sugar to getting the majority of it's energy from fat, then you can play around with varying your intake levels.
          Re-focusing on the Primal Lifestyle in 2012!

Starting: 221.0lb, 29.5% BF (1/9/2012)
          Latest: 208.9, 26.1% BF (3/19/2012)

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35679.html

Comment

If your only four days in then this is normal, it take alot longer to adapt. You mentioned you felt hungry, but nothing really seem that appealing? This is because it's not genuine hunger, but a desire for an increase in blood sugar. yes protein and fat will saitisfy in the longer term, but wont give you the immeadiate feeling of fullness you have got it the past from eating carbs.

As you become more adapted to the diet, you become more insulin sensitive, so it takes less carbohydrate to create an immediate sensation of fullness
            www.beatingorthorexia.co.uk

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input and advice! Today has already been better than the past few days have been! I can do this!

Comment

Eat protein and fats, not carbs. Make a big a$$ salad and put lots of olive oil and some goat cheese on it.

Comment

Originally posted by rochelledb View Post
                  Thanks everyone for your input and advice! Today has already been better than the past few days have been! I can do this!
                  That's good news. SURE you can do this!

Comment

Originally posted by fiercehunter View Post
                    Eat protein and fats, not carbs. Make a big a$$ salad and put lots of olive oil and some goat cheese on it.
                    I'd add walnut oil and bacon =)
                    Why not try onion soup by the way ?

keep it up !!
                    ======== ==== == =
                    Be hardcore, drink water

Comment

Hey,

I'm 1 week in and can say I'm right there with you. Today was tough too with a feeling in my stomach like hunger but didnt crave food like I normally do. Ive had the odd dull headache and on some days feel a little depressed but I'm pushing through. Stick with it and I'm confident it will pass in time. Just got to get used to the fact that I'm going to feel different until I get used to the new way of eating and drinking different foods.

Comment

@rochelledb and @SgtBuffo - I'm with you both on this. Only about a week into the switch, and I'm dealing with some hunger stuff. There is definitely a constant underlying "hollowness" i'm feeling. Not quite hunger, but not satiety. Experiences low carb flu days 1-3, but pretty much out of it now. More energy, but still hunger. I'm coming from chronic cardio / pescetarian / eating disorder background, and so far primal blueprint is a good experience.

Taking everyone's advice and increasing fat and veggies. Forum and website support has been great. Thank you all for all of this information!

Comment

Working...
                        X