Dr. Terry Wahl's research?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. Terry Wahl's research?

Many of us have seen and been inspired by Dr. Wahl's TED presentation regarding using diet to significantly improve her MS condition. At the end of the presentation she says she will be presenting findings of clinical trials and that the results are breathtaking (or something along those lines). If I recall, she indicates that the findings were to be presented at a professional conference and I got the sense that it was like the following week. Does any one have a link to the research?
    Thanks.

I was searching for the same thing, and could not find it. Her work may have been censored. THERE IS NO MONEY to be made with diet cures.

The Medical & Drug Industries will fight to the death any cures involving diet or vitamins.

Grizz

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz View Post
      I was searching for the same thing, and could not find it. Her work may have been censored. THERE IS NO MONEY to be made with diet cures.

The Medical & Drug Industries will fight to the death any cures involving diet or vitamins.

Grizz
      Of course it could be as simple as Dr. Wahl wanting to get the research into the peer reviewed literature, though I agree that there is little money to be made in health and the vested interests want to keep it that way.

Any other links to the research?

Comment

Um, no censorship folks.

She's written a book and is looking for a publisher: Up From The Chair-Defeating Progressive MS without Drugs | Dr Wahls New Book | Food as Medicine

Lots of other links to books & previous research on her site.

And you know what's really cool? Her son is Zach Wahls!
        Last edited by Dragonfly; 12-30-2011, 05:55 PM.
        Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
        Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
        Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
          Um, no censorship folks.

She's written a book and is looking for a publisher: Up From The Chair-Defeating Progressive MS without Drugs | Dr Wahls New Book | Food as Medicine

that's terrific. i loved his speech.
          and i've really been looking forward to more from dr. wahls...so thanks for the link to info about her book.
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60178.html

Comment

Um, no censorship folks.

The book looks to be more of a memoir rather than the scientific results of clinical trials that she references in her TED presentation. I was hoping for the research rather than the memoir.

Comment

Originally posted by OneDeltaTenTango View Post
              The book looks to be more of a memoir rather than the scientific results of clinical trials that she references in her TED presentation. I was hoping for the research rather than the memoir.
              Send her an email and ask her. I made a comment on her Ted Talk video and she replied to it--so she seems pretty responsive to me!
              Ancestral Nutrition Coaching
              Pregnancy Nutrition Coaching
              Primal Pregnancy Nutrition Article

Comment

Here are ALL of the Dr. Terry Wahls videos. Very impressive collection.
                Dr. Terry Wahls - YouTube

Grizz

Comment

Send her an email and ask her. I made a comment on her Ted Talk video and she replied to it--so she seems pretty responsive to me!
                  Good suggestion. I just sent her an email through her web site and will let you all know the results of my inquiry.

Comment

NEW ! Excellent 6 Part Series by Dr. Wahl:
                    Food As Medicine: Brain Health, part 1 - YouTube

Grizz

Comment

This study lists the Wahls diet as one of the therapies they are studying. The study is still recruiting patients so it is still ongoing. It doesn't say what phase the trial is so perhaps she has preliminary data or some phase one data and now is moving forward with more patients?

Nutrition, Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation (NMES) and Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis (SPMS) - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

As a side note, there a hundreds of other trials going on for MS right now. If you look through there are quite a few trials testing vitamin D, vitamin A, alpha-lipoic acid, different exercise strategies, and diet (granted it is a low fat diet, but still it is diet).
                      http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/result...ple+sclerosis+

So this idea that people have around here that the ONLY way a trial gets done is if big pharma can make billions on it is just wrong. The system is undoubtedly skewed that way but there is fantastic, non-profit driven research that goes on all over the place.

One example of this is the Immune Tolerance Network. They will only fund research that is designed to treat autoimmune diseases in a curative way - no ongoing expensive drugs are allowed. There is no profit in this - only hope for cure for autoimmune disease. It's not all doom and gloom.
                      Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

Dr. Wahls conference data

Dr. Wahls was referring to the Society for Neuroscience (SfN) conference that took place in Washington D.C. this year. Along with my research on using stem cells for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (not to boast haha), her work was presented as a hot topic and can be found here : 2011 Society for Neuroscience Hot Topics if you download the program. It will only give you her abstract as she presented a poster at the conference that showed all of her data.

Comment

Her abstract:
                          OASIS

Pretty impressive results, I think.

Comment

She blows me away. My biggest thought though was how in the world are you supposed to eat that much food? Since starting this, I hardly eat two meals a day. I am just not hungry anymore! I tried a few days to eat like she suggested (9 cups of veg), no way... I even cooked the kale down thinking that would help... no way!

Comment

Hi all, I have MS and am intensely interested in Terry Wahl's protocol. I cannot eat 9 cups of food per day. So what I do is juice twice a day. I juice kale (sometimes spinach or parsley), 1/2-1 beet, 1 or 2 carrots, sometimes asparagus or broccoli ends, a small apple for taste. I also ride a stationary bike twice a day. So far I am still pretty crippled, but it has only been a few months. I was progressing pretty fast, having transitioned from relapsing/remitting MS to secondary progressive MS (after 12 years, I've had MS for 15 years now). I tried various non drug interventions, culminating in stem cells on 6 December 2011. Starting in January I have been doing the juicing. It took Terry 8 months, so it's only been 3 for me. I think it may be helping.

Comment

Working...
                              X