Originally posted by ppham27 View Post
    Her abstract:
    OASIS

Pretty impressive results, I think.
    Originally posted by ppham27 View Post
    Her abstract:
    OASIS

Pretty impressive results, I think.

Hard to say without a control. The TED talk led me to expect more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
      Um, no censorship folks.

She's written a book and is looking for a publisher: Up From The Chair-Defeating Progressive MS without Drugs | Dr Wahls New Book | Food as Medicine

Lots of other links to books & previous research on her site.

And you know what's really cool? Her son is Zach Wahls!
      OH SHIT SON! This is so awesome sauce!
      A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

Comment

Originally posted by patski View Post
        OH SHIT SON! This is so awesome sauce!
        Yes, it is.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche
        And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Don't forget that she started out using supplements to get everything she needed. She then designed her diet to cover all the vitamins and minerals she needed. So maybe you need to start with the supplements? Would be easier to get what you need taking a few pills than all that food.

Originally posted by lassie383 View Post
          Hi all, I have MS and am intensely interested in Terry Wahl's protocol. I cannot eat 9 cups of food per day. So what I do is juice twice a day. I juice kale (sometimes spinach or parsley), 1/2-1 beet, 1 or 2 carrots, sometimes asparagus or broccoli ends, a small apple for taste. I also ride a stationary bike twice a day. So far I am still pretty crippled, but it has only been a few months. I was progressing pretty fast, having transitioned from relapsing/remitting MS to secondary progressive MS (after 12 years, I've had MS for 15 years now). I tried various non drug interventions, culminating in stem cells on 6 December 2011. Starting in January I have been doing the juicing. It took Terry 8 months, so it's only been 3 for me. I think it may be helping.

Comment

Originally posted by sroelofs View Post
            Don't forget that she started out using supplements to get everything she needed. She then designed her diet to cover all the vitamins and minerals she needed. So maybe you need to start with the supplements? Would be easier to get what you need taking a few pills than all that food.
            While that is true it's is much less effective.
            It has been shown time and again in testing that isolated vitamins from supplements are much less effective than those from foods.

Really probably better off juicing or blending and drinking some those veggies, and eating some, than taking a pill.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

She discusses the study at AHS12

Comment

Thank you!

Originally posted by Dragonfly View Post
                Um, no censorship folks.

She's written a book and is looking for a publisher: Up From The Chair-Defeating Progressive MS without Drugs | Dr Wahls New Book | Food as Medicine

Lots of other links to books & previous research on her site.

And you know what's really cool? Her son is Zach Wahls!
                I had no idea this was her son! What a tribute to her as a mother, I think both Dr. Wahls and her son are amazing people and we need more like them <3 Just wanted to say thanks for sharing, best wishes in the New Year!

Comment

Wow, this thread on food as medicine and research is so hopeful. Also looking forward to viewing all of Wahl's videos on youtube.
                  Thanks for all the info and to jammies for link to research on MS. I am a Social Worker with several clients with MS. Very interested in topic.
                  gigi

Comment

So, it sounds like part of the Wahls protocol requires the consumption of 9 cups of vegetables per day (specific veggies). 3 cups of veggies per meal if you do 3 meals a day -- is it really that difficult? Maybe I'll change my tune once I try it...

Comment

Working...
                    X