Stale Food vs Fresh Food

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncephalized View Post
    I don't eat bacon every day, more like once a week, because pigs are fed complete shit in this country and their fat is full of all kinds of junk.

I stick to grass-fed beef for the bulk of my meat needs. If I could find fully pastured pork, or pork that was only fed things that an animal would be able/willing to eat in its natural environment (roots, shoots, bugs, fruits, nuts, etc.), then I would totally eat that bacon all the time.
    I've found some wild boar meat at the local Sprouts store that is great but otherwise I agree that pork is pretty much not doing me any favors.

Comment

I got some bulk pastured Berkshire pork, and it's amazing, just amazing how much better it is. I can order pastured pig bacon (no sugar, no nitrates/nitrites), but it's about $8 a pound. I love it, but I don't eat it all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
        I got some bulk pastured Berkshire pork, and it's amazing, just amazing how much better it is. I can order pastured pig bacon (no sugar, no nitrates/nitrites), but it's about $8 a pound. I love it, but I don't eat it all the time.
        My fave local pig farmer raises pastured Berkshires. We need to order another pig from him soon. Such amazing pork, I can't do the cheap stuff anymore.
        “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Owly View Post
          My fave local pig farmer raises pastured Berkshires. We need to order another pig from him soon. Such amazing pork, I can't do the cheap stuff anymore.
          what does the pig farmer do to it before giving you bacon?

Comment

Originally posted by jcampas View Post
            If you believe the press then eating a small amount of bacon every day (can't remeber how much) increases your chances of getting bowel cancer by 20%. Trouble is people do not know what this means and it looks like a frightening statistic. So to clear up these scaremongering statistics that the press band about I'll attempt to explain what they mean.
            They also didn't mention what the bacon was eaten with -- a nest full of pastured eggs and some yummy vegetables? Or (more likely) pancakes, waffles, HFCS, or CAFO eggs from sick chickens...

(I like bacon, but don't eat it much because of the sugar.)
            Misti
            Grain Free since 2009, WP from 2005
            ~100% primal (because anything less makes me very sick)
            Goal: hike across Sweden with my grandchildren when I retire in a few years

Comment

Working...
            X