Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drinking cups of tea and coffee 'can prevent diabetes'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8411605.stm

I saw this reported on TV, and as a great coffee/tea drinker, I'd like to believe it, but there's type2 in my family, and all of them were terrific coffee drinkers. These 'scientists' don't even know the causative agent--all they have is correlation, and a weak one at that.

Type2 is known to be genetically based, and my endo says that the best I can do is eliminate all starch and sugar, and that's what I'm doing--so far, it's been working.

Comment

Very interesting.

One more added benefit of drinking coffee and tea

Comment

More info on health benefits

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/...d-for-you.html

Comment

Both has several benefits and these gives the following benefits.
          It improves our immune system,
          It reduces tooth decay,
          It is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis.
          It Prevents aging,
          it promotes beautiful skin, hair, nails,
          It strengthens blood vessels,
          It lowers blood sugar,
          It prevents influenza.

Brentwood Fitness Center
          Last edited by Michaelq; 03-17-2012, 04:38 AM.

Comment

Awesome, Michaelq
            If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Awesome news, I drink both.

Comment

It seems it's the anti-oxidants in tea and coffee that bring so many benefits. Yay!
                F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Comment

What I love about Primal/Paleo is I can enjoy coffee, and not NEED to consume it. It has become a luxury, now. That said, I'm a nut for good coffee; and converted by the fellow locals to particular brands (Stumptown being one of them)
                  If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Ahhhhh... 101 reasons you'll never see me join one of those "Give up your coffee" threads! OR my tea!
                    And even if none of that stuff is 100% absolutely scientifically "TRUE" ... I really like the stuff (the GOOD stuff anyway), so I'm keeping it!
                    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                      And even if none of that stuff is 100% absolutely scientifically "TRUE" ... I really like the stuff (the GOOD stuff anyway), so I'm keeping it!
                      Absolutely! Has to be the good stuff or it is simply not worth the effort.

Comment

Ray says coffee is a vitamin like nutrient or adaptogen:
                        Caffeine: A vitamin-like nutrient, or adaptogen. Questions about tea and coffee, cancer and other degenerative diseases, and the hormones.

Comment

Working...
                        X