Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Men Choose Faces over Figures when choosing long term mate?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Men Choose Faces over Figures when choosing long term mate?

Fwiw, all of David Buss' writings are worth reading for anyone interested in evolutionary psychology and the evolution of human behavior.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/07/fa...07STUDIED.html

ever mind those last 10 pounds. According to a new study, men care more about a woman’s face than they do about her body when seeking a long-term relationship. (snip)

Women treated bodies and faces alike, independent of short- or long-term interest. Men, however, made a distinction between face and figure, depending on their intent. Among male participants, 25 percent of those who were told to consider the person as a long-term partner chose to see the figure, compared with 51 percent who chose the body if they were looking at a potential short-term partner.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

AHA, that explains a lot!
    M

Comment

I know I prefer a gorgeous face (especially a pair of striking eyes) over the body; however, a nice body is still important, especially a banging bottom
      My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

When I met my wife it was her body that caught my attention from a distance, but it was her face, specially her eyes, that had me hooked. But it was the intangable theings that let me know I wanted to make it permanent.

One thing to keep in mind, and this goes for men and women, no matter how hot you think that person is, someone somewhere is probably tired of putting up with their crap.
        My blog: My Primal Adventure

"I've come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubble gum."

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
          One thing to keep in mind, and this goes for men and women, no matter how hot you think that person is, someone somewhere is probably tired of putting up with their crap.
          lol. isn't that the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by skink531 View Post
            UGHHHHHHH Don't even get me started haha
            My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

I picked my girlfriend because she has big boobies... after two years I just discovered she has a face last week!!!

I have to agree with this findings in the OP, I'd much prefer a notterbody to a butterface.

Comment

Boobs are awesome. I had a dream about them last night. I refused a 3-girl lapdance because I had to get my gift of a portable ski trail (???) to my grandma before sundown .......

Um, yeah. Well, I find I go for the face most of the time. Does that mean deep down I'm not the swinging bachelor heartbreaker I think I am?
                You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
                  Boobs are awesome. I had a dream about them last night. I refused a 3-girl lapdance because I had to get my gift of a portable ski trail (???) to my grandma before sundown .......
                  Aren't dreams bizarre? Which reminds me of a dream I had last night.....about one of the guys from MDA. O_O Wow.

Holy cats it was a good dream. Yes, *that* good.
                  Last edited by cillakat; 11-07-2010, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Bodies can be reshaped.

I am personally more attracted to certain personality types above anything else.

Comment

This definitely confirms my personal experience and 'anecdotal evidence' that I've seen with my friends... guys seem willing to overlook, or just not care that much, about extra weight that puts a girl in the 'overweight but not obese' category as long as they like something else about her. Personally when I was heavier than I am now I just couldn't understand how guys who must be physically lighter than me could be attracted to me, I still don't actually... I just figure, men have sexual perversions (and I don't mean perversion in a bad way at all haha) that I will never truly understand.

Comment

I once went out with a guy for his personality alone. He was nothing to look at, can't remember his body, but he soooo made me laugh and was very intelligent - two great combinations. The man I ended up marrying looks just like Hugh Laurie in 'House' (thankfully not the same personality and no limp) ha ha!
                        Last edited by shadgal; 11-08-2010, 01:50 AM.

Comment

I married my wife because she had a beautiful face, rocking body and personality of a saint....but she still cant quite fully grasp the primal universe...3 out of 4 ain't bad

A female friend of mine, dated a guy who was from all accounts: drop dead handsome, well groomed, buff, friendly, romantic - the whole package, she was head over heels until....she discovered he suffered from micro penis...she persevered and tried, but uttered the three words guys like him fear more than vampires fear silver - "is it in?" ...sadly that was the end of it.
                          Fear of the unknown...They are afraid of new ideas. they are loaded with prejudices, not based upon anything in reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.

Comment

Definitely the truth in my view. I've heard many times the expression 'just put a bag over her head' but... nahh. Hot body + hideous visage = no no no.
                            The Primal Journey of Mr and Mrs Fist
                            Blog
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd believe this. My boyfriend thinks I'm beautiful but then he could do to get his eyes tested i think It really is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder cause I cant see what he sees that is for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X