What's the deal with carrots?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the deal with carrots?

Too many carbs, or good enough to turn a blind eye?

I consider them to be fine. If you're trying to get int ketosis, it might be a different story, but carrots are primal.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Latest Journal

Comment

They're excellent.

Comment

Good thing! I can't seem to stop eating them

Comment

"Too many carbs" is such an individual thing and also depends how many you eat... how can we even answer. They're nutritious!
          "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

if the worst thing you're doing is eating a carrot, you're probably alright.

Comment

I'm hooked on carrots as well

Comment

I live on carrots, and onions. They're two of my staple veggies.

Comment

If the PB has you struggling to get as many carbs as you'd like, carrots are a great choice. If you get tired of eating them raw, you can also roast them, cut them up and add them to a variety of soups, nuke or boil them to soften 'em up before putting them in a stir-fry...etc.

I'm a fan of carrots, even though 1 carrot has more sugar than a serving of my favorite dark chocolate.

Comment

They are primal and very nutritious. A large carrot has only 7 grams of carbs (not much). Of course, if you are going to eat several carrots, then it will be heavy in the carb department.

It is best to steam (not boil) them, as this will increase the bio-availability of several nutrients, including vitamin A.
                    Last edited by Zed; 11-05-2010, 02:42 PM.

Comment

As a diabetic, I have to limit them, since my number one goal is to not use medication to keep glucose in check. I probably eat them weekly, but not daily.
                      junebu8's journ@l

Comment

I can get into ketosis, lose weight, etc just fine as long as I stick to mostly raw carrots in small portions. They don't mess with my blood sugar very much, so I've allowed them for my intake.
                        Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
                        http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
                        Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

They can poke an eye out, so be very careful handling them around people.
                          Whether you think you can..... or you think you can't..... your 100 % correct.

Comment

Working...
                          X