How to respond to friends about ''caveman bread''

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to respond to friends about ''caveman bread''

I am looking for a good response to my friends and family who are asking me what I think about the new findings that suggest cavemen ate grains and bread.

"I feel better not eating bread"
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Point out it wasn't *actually* bread.

Comment

From what I read there weren't even any grains in it...how they called it bread is beyond me. More like potato pancakes.
        Check out my primal blog: http://primalroar.posterous.com/

Comment

Mark had a post on it sometime within the last week. Have a look in his blog archives.

chances are, the friends asking aren't really interested in a discussion so I think lizch is right on with 'I feel better not eating bread and grains"

My husband would respond with a cheerful "Good for them" and change the subject.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

It wasn't even grains! It was ground up roots and cattails. "Bread" was not mentioned anywhere in the study, but the media somehow latched onto this notion.
            "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
              My husband would respond with a cheerful "Good for them" and change the subject.
              +1 My thoughts exactly
              My whole life, I've felt like an animal......but I've ignored my instincts. I ignored what I really am. That will never happen again.

My blog

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
                chances are, the friends asking aren't really interested in a discussion
                exactly. they just want an "a-ha gotcha" moment. Only, by asking the question they demonstrate they didn't take any time to 1) read or 2) consider the information in the actual report.

Read Mark's blog post on it, he does a nice summary.
                Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

Comment

A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

"Realy? Maybe you should read the whole article, not just the headline." Then walk off, shaking your head at their obvious failure to read past the headline
                    sigpicI'm not old, I'm Vintage!

Comment

Working...
                    X