eggs and cancer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lizzie125 View Post
    I also read that half an aspirin is supposed to help prevent colon cancer--I think it was on msnbc.com (health) just this weekend.
    If you read it on msnbc.com, that probably means that half an aspirin actually causes colon cancer, since the media can't seem to get anything right when it comes to helping to teach us how to be *really* healthy. I hear of such findings with extreme skepticism. IMO, a species-appropriate diet will do far more to protect you from all types of cancer than any pharmaceutical will ever do.

That's not to say that eating the proper diet means you will never get cancer; it just means that I think diet is ultimately more protective than any pill could ever be.

Comment

Originally posted by Martha View Post
      If you read it on msnbc.com, that probably means that half an aspirin actually causes colon cancer, since the media can't seem to get anything right when it comes to helping to teach us how to be *really* healthy. I hear of such findings with extreme skepticism. IMO, a species-appropriate diet will do far more to protect you from all types of cancer than any pharmaceutical will ever do.

That's not to say that eating the proper diet means you will never get cancer; it just means that I think diet is ultimately more protective than any pill could ever be.
      Agreed. So far, I've stayed off of gluten, for the most part. Since that time, I stopped needing to take in antihistamines to control my dermatitis. I was willing to sacrifice myself once week, to gluten, via communion. But, I just found it only allowing it to recur, here and there.
      If you have a problem with what you read: 1. Get a dictionary 2. Don't read it 3. Grow up 4. After 3, go back to 1/ or 2. -- Dennis Blue. | "I don't care about your opinion, only your analysis"- Professor Calabrese. | "Life is more important than _______" - Drew | I eat animals that eat vegetables -- Matt Millen, former NFL Linebacker. | "This country is built on sugar & shit that comes in a box marinated in gluten - abc123

Comment

Originally posted by lizch View Post
        How about with a family history of colon cancer?
        Go 2 generations deep in any society that has begun eating crap instead of food and bam! Now you have family history for all kinds of scary stuff. Forget that 6 generations earlier there were none of these scary issues. I'm not a big believer in picking and choosing tests or treatments based on family history.

However, this site does offer some good information about various colorectal tests...frequencies...and accuracies in detection http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...g-colonoscopy/
        Last edited by Neckhammer; 03-27-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X