No announcement yet.

Light drinking no risk to baby, say researchers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a glass of wine or beer during my pregnancies. It was great when mixed with a warm bath for stopping contractions during the early 3rd trimester.
    While I nursing I always followed the rule "too drunk to drive, too drunk to nurse". Not totally scientific but worked for us. And those strips are silly on many levels. Another way to make women feel insecure and make it seem like breastfeeding is a big hassle.

Comment

I would think if preggo Grokette stumbled across some fermented fruits she would enjoy them. Then again she wouldn't be concentrating the fermentation and then imbibing to a toxic level.

Basically, in moderation it seems that it should be fine

Comment

I was watching "The Botany of Desire" on PBS recently and it was the segment on apples and how the early colonial settlers were so paranoid about waterborne illness that they drank mostly hard cider. That meant the pregnant/nursing women, too! I wonder what the effects of that was (and on health in general!)?
        http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

http://www.boston.com/community/moms...alist_asserts/

An interesting rebuttal to that very study.
          Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

I think this study is misleading. I think kids are the leading cause of brain damage.
            My journal
            7/5/11 -Size 14;
            1/10/12 -Size 4

Comment

Originally posted by AuntPol View Post
              I think this study is misleading. I think kids are the leading cause of brain damage.
              Ha ha. I always say that placenta is made up primarily of maternal brain cells. I've now made and discarded four placentas, so I'm missing a lot of lobes
              Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
              Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

Comment

Originally posted by AuntPol View Post
                Also a leading cause of drinking, no doubt.

On another note, in my experience everybody thinks they are a "light drinker" whether they actually are, or not. So the whole "no added risk for light drinkers" claim... yeah um perhaps just avoiding alcohol is the way to go.

Of course that's easy for me to say since I only drink sake about once or twice a year with sushi and I've never been drunk.
                "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

Just switch to baby formula. Problem Solved!

Comment

Working...
                  X