The Kabuki Effect: Cosmetics are Addictive

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by avocado View Post
    "Also the ritual of applying the substances (many of which are in powder form just like many drugs) ... "

Okaaaayyyyyy.

I think it reads like a spoof or April Fool's joke. Really.
    Yes! Maybe it was written to be an article in the Onion.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

I like putting Kajal (eyeliner) and mascara on my eyes, but because I TALK with my eyes (and I have blonde invisible eyelashes).
      I don't feel like it's an addiction, though. I'm cool without.

I enjoy being female, because I have the OPTION of putting on make-up if I feel like it.

Comment

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
        (and I have blonde invisible eyelashes).
        I've started dyeing mine - 10 minutes of "why the f*** am I putting hydrogen peroxide in my freakin' EYES?!!" for a month or so of visible eyelashes. Just enough difference without being obvious

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
          I've started dyeing mine - 10 minutes of "why the f*** am I putting hydrogen peroxide in my freakin' EYES?!!" for a month or so of visible eyelashes. Just enough difference without being obvious

What brand do you use? I've considered doing the same thing, but couldn't settle on what brand to purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernMonkeyGirl View Post
            You have indeed piqued my interest, NMG.
            My first thought was, that must be a little dangerous...but then I realized I stab myself in the eye with either the mascara or eyeliner every couple of days

Comment

I used http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estor...=1214921923791 - was worried it was TOO cheap, but works okay. You don't get a mascara wand to apply it though, just a bendy plastic stick.

Comment

Um, this is the same guy who writes about how feminism is a tool of the new world order to destroy our society:
                "Feminism is elite social engineering designed to destroy gender identity by making women masculine and men feminine. Increasingly heterosexuals are conditioned to behave like homosexuals who generally don't marry and have children."
                http://www.cruelhoax.ca/?cruelhoaxbook

His email address is "save the males".
                Seriously, dude?
                http://www.prettyinprimal.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                X