X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive volcano wiped out Neanderthals

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...nderthals.html
    MDA PRIMAL LIBERTARIAN GROUP

There is no doubt in my mind that if the Neanderthals had migrated south, we would have been wiped the **** out.
    These beings were extremely smart, and they hunted giants animals with big teeth and claws as a living. Imagine what they would have done to our wimpy species.
    Though, to be fair, there is always the possibility of communicable disease wiping out one or the other.

Comment

Well, it says that may have been the reason, it's an hypothesis. I do think it's fascinating.

And the article says the Neanderthals were already being crowded out by humans, so I guess they weren't about to wipe us out. But I'm just taking the article's word for that. Maybe it's a theory too

Comment

True. Humans may not be good at fighting off large predators compared to other animals, but we sure are good at ****ing, uh, I mean "crowding out".

Comment

Sweet.
          Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

I've read, probably on this forum, that most modern Europeans (and presumably European-Americans) carry some Neanderthal genes today, from past interbreeding. If so, they aren't really wiped out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Rivera View Post
              True. Humans may not be good at fighting off large predators compared to other animals, but we sure are good at ****ing, uh, I mean "crowding out".

LOL. There is evidence to support the interbreeding of Early Humans and Neanderthals. So, uh, case in point. Good at ****ing.

::edit:: Here is a link: http://www.sciencenews.org/view/gene...ng_with_humans

I'm mean, we all know a few people who look like they are "de-evolving" the species. It's definitely plausible. Go to Walmart on any given Friday night.
              Last edited by New Renaissance; 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM.
              Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Cree View Post
                I've read, probably on this forum, that most modern Europeans (and presumably European-Americans) carry some Neanderthal genes today, from past interbreeding. If so, they aren't really wiped out.
                Yes I read that too. I'm very interested in Neanderthal genealogy. It never made sense to me that the opinion was we didn't interbreed with them.

Comment

Originally posted by New Renaissance View Post
                  LOL. There is evidence to support the interbreeding of Early Humans and Neanderthals. So, uh, case in point. Good at ****ing.

I'm mean, we all know a few people who look like they are "de-evolving" the species. It's definitely plausible. Go to Walmart on any given Friday night.
                  BIIIG COUUUNNNTRY SAAAAAAAAAAAAVIIIIIIIIIIIIINGS!!!!!
                  Seriously though, its unreasonable to assume genetic inferiority because of culture. Empathy > BeingANazi
                  A lot of pictures portray neanderthals as dirty, brutish, slumped over, muddy ogres when in fact recent evidence is pointing out that their intelligence rivaled ours. They were, in their own right, as evolved as ourselves. The differences between us were obviously small enough to not only allow procreation, BUT ENCOURAGE IT. Think about that. We did not mind having sex with neanderthals. I understand some people dont mind having sex with dogs but I like to think those people are a minority among us.
                  Then I walk into wal mart at friday night

Comment

What's to say, logically, that some of the recessive genes from Northern Europeans like blond and red hair, blue and green eyes, and lighter skin didn't come from interbreeding with the predominantly northern Neanderthals? We have human mummies, but not Neanderthal. We have no accurate picture of what they looked like.

Imagine telling a die hard aryan brotherhood neo-nazi they got their blue eyes and blond hair from the Neanderthal race.

No Clan of the Cave Bear There
                    Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

What's to say, logically, that some of the recessive genes from Northern Europeans like blond and red hair, blue and green eyes, and lighter skin didn't come from interbreeding with the predominantly northern Neanderthals? We have human mummies, but not Neanderthal. We have no accurate picture of what they looked like.

Imagine telling a die hard aryan brotherhood neo-nazi they got their blue eyes and blond hair from the Neanderthal race.

No Clan of the Cave Bear There

I read somewhere that the Neanderthals were superior to humans in terms of achievements (arts and crafts) but that we killed and bred them out of existence.

I've also heard that Neanderthals were redheads and they were in America, before the Native Americas and Aztecs, who killed them off. These redheads also traded with the Chinese 1500 years before the Silk road opened up and there are some buried in the Han province. Also, the Neanderthal build was stouter and stronger than humans, but not taller. The typical caveman (big and brutish) was in fact Cro Magnon or one of the other extinct races further back.
                      A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Originally posted by Bushrat View Post
                        I read somewhere that the Neanderthals were superior to humans in terms of achievements (arts and crafts) but that we killed and bred them out of existence.

I've also heard that Neanderthals were redheads and they were in America, before the Native Americas and Aztecs, who killed them off. These redheads also traded with the Chinese 1500 years before the Silk road opened up and there are some buried in the Han province. Also, the Neanderthal build was stouter and stronger than humans, but not taller. The typical caveman (big and brutish) was in fact Cro Magnon or one of the other extinct races further back.
                        While both neanderthals and modern humans appear to have started off with the same toolkit and technology, the evidence seems to show that our ancestors progressed more rapidly during their shared time together, developing ever more intricate and specialized tools, while the neanderthals persisted with the older, generalized tech until much later. Intriguingly, there is some indication that, near the end of their existence, the neanderthals did begin to adopt modern innovations, but of course we can't know if they were doing this with full awareness, or simply copying what they saw the new neighbours doing. At any rate, there's certainly no comparison between the two in terms of art (there's a higly hypothetical neanderthal "flute", but that could just be a bear's chewtoy - and I think there's one or two artifacts that hint at symbolic expression, but it's a long way from cave art).

It's true that they're suspected to have been largely redheads, unlikely that they were ever in the Americas, and almost certain that they didn't trade with anyone resembling the Chinese (unless you buy into the legend of the "Almas" - and even then...). They were shorter than us, but far stronger, and I'm pretty sure in a fair fight they would have made short work of us. It's possible their locomotion was less efficient, which can be critical in a chaotic ecosystem (as it then was), but mostly they seem to have been more intellectually conservative, and less likely to experiment. I'm sure if one was here now he'd have plenty to say about my summation, but he'd probably still be banging away on a TI-99/a, furrowing his brow in a mixture of frustration and genetic predisposition.

Comment

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/sh...-kill-off.html
                          MDA PRIMAL LIBERTARIAN GROUP

Comment

From Wiki:
                            Cro-Magnon were anatomically modern, straight limbed and tall compared to the contemporary Neanderthals. Physically they only differ from their modern day descendants in Europe by being on average taller, having a more robust physique and a slightly larger cranial capacity.[20] The Cro-Magnons had long, fairly low skulls, with a wide face, a prominent nose and moderate to no prognathism, similar to features seen in modern Europeans.[21] A very distinct trait is the rectangular orbits.[22] Several works on genetics, blood types and cranial morphology indicate that the Basque people may be the descendents of the original Cro-Magnon population.[23]
                            Cro Magnon men were paleolithic Europeans, or "Groks." I don't think they went extinct at all, many of us are likely descended from them, and others. As well as being descended from Neanderthals. Interesting about the Cro Magnon being taller and having larger brains than modern man. Maybe they got that from following the PB, which theoretically they did.

Comment

About the comment that Homo Neanderthal Sapiens possibly had less efficient locomotion than Home Sapiens Sapiens-------Recent genetic mapping that discovered probable Neanderthal genes in our current gene pools led to other research that shows that the more Neanderthal genes a person has the greater is their talent for music, dance, and gymnastics. Seems to imply an ability to move more efficiently and with more grace and style.
                              Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Working...
                              X