Link between wheat and heart disease.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link between wheat and heart disease.

Denise Minger (who tore the China study to shreds) has a post up examining the link between wheat and heart disease based on the China study data:

http://rawfoodsos.com/2010/09/02/the...disease-oh-my/
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Interesting to note the negative correlation between heart disease and animal meat intake and saturated fat intake. Backs up everything said on this site.

Comment

Now is the tricky part conceding that even though this agrees with what I believe to be true it still doesn't really prove anything. Though if I had to make a decision based on that and that alone I would eschew all wheat. Of course there's also Cordain's biochem, and my angry tummy every time I eat something with wheat. No I don't have celiac either.
      Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
        Now is the tricky part conceding that even though this agrees with what I believe to be true it still doesn't really prove anything. Though if I had to make a decision based on that and that alone I would eschew all wheat. Of course there's also Cordain's biochem, and my angry tummy every time I eat something with wheat. No I don't have celiac either.
        I know. She even makes a point of mentioning that several times in her post. However, the only way to prove the harmful effects of wheat would be a rigorously controlled study with all other confounding variables controlled for. I don't see that happening anytime soon. But maybe when enough observation correlations between wheat and disease mount up some decent researcher may conduct such a controlled study.
        A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Working...
        X