Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dispelling Conventional Wisdom

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dispelling Conventional Wisdom

    So, I run across this video on CNN and I'm intrigued because it says they'll dispell CW about weight loss.
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/hea...ths.cnn?hpt=C2
    Turns out it's CW that carbs are bad for you. This is good stuff. Even CW "experts" don't know what the prevailing CW is.

  • #2
    Wait so if carbs are bad, and meat and fats are bad, and salt is bad, and protein is bad. What are CW followers going to eat? Air and water have no calories.
    Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

    Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

    Comment


    • #3
      It's the socialist Obama administration prepping the country for decades of poverty and fascism where the people will have to subsist on cucumbers and leaves.
      You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

      Comment


      • #4
        The can eat olive oil and fiber, apparently. Yum!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Primalchild View Post
          It's the socialist Obama administration prepping the country for decades of poverty and fascism where the people will have to subsist on cucumbers and leaves.
          +1,000
          Mermaid

          Comment


          • #6
            Someone had to make it political. I suppose next someone will compare Obama to Hitler. Come on, guys, keep it on topic and don't insult liberal & Democratic PB'ers.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by stabby View Post
              wait so if carbs are bad, and meat and fats are bad, and salt is bad, and protein is bad. What are cw followers going to eat?
              rotfl

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by CaptSaltyJack View Post
                Someone had to make it political. I suppose next someone will compare Obama to Hitler. Come on, guys, keep it on topic and don't insult liberal & Democratic PB'ers.
                HAHAHAHAHAHA! Isn't that allot like saying " don't insult the Conservative Libertarian vegans?
                Last edited by fxdwgmikeb; 07-27-2010, 06:20 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are you implying there are no non-conservatives here? Or that conservatives don't want to control food and other choices the same as liberals. If so I'd say you're wrong on both counts. Seriously, this wasn't supposed to be a political thread at all.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I didn't mean to insult anyone, but I think Primalchild has a valid point. The Government through the media sells the people on the fact that whatever they are dishing out is best for us. Regardless of party. Certainly George W. was no better.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by fxdwgmikeb View Post
                      I didn't mean to insult anyone, but I think Primalchild has a valid point. The Government through the media sells the people on the fact that whatever they are dishing out is best for us. Regardless of party. Certainly George W. was no better.
                      This... neither party is EVER to be trusted. Problem is, most Americans are deluded enough to actually trust their government officials.

                      Delusion is arguably America's most dangerous disease...
                      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

                      For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                      -- Blaise Pascal

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Pro-Tip: Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same tyrannical coin, and to argue which is better is akin to arguing which person you'd rather be a slave to.
                        Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
                        Current Weight: 266lbs
                        High-school Weight: 235lbs
                        Goal: ????

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Now we're on the same page.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X