How important is ApoE?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How important is ApoE?

Last edited by Asturian; 09-08-2010, 03:08 PM.
    “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
    —Robert A. Heinlein

so let me get this straight, your doc agrees that your numbers are actually good (especially your LDL is mostly A, and your VLDL-C is in the good range, which the genetic test did not foresee), and the doctor still wants you to change diet and go on a statin?! on what basis?!

I wouldn't change a thing, your numbers are good, so why change it?
    Also the genetic test might say you are prone to higher VDLD-C levels, but your levels are actually good, so isn't that more important then what a genetic test might predict could be the case eventually (see the impreciseness here :-) )?

sorry, i don't want to sound rude! i just don't see the problem here, and especially not why you should go on a statin (proven to only work for males over 65 with at least one heart attack prior, anyway)! If it ain't broke don't fix it!

also, I guess the total numbers of your blood panel don't say a lot, what are your ratios?
    Last edited by claude512; 07-09-2010, 05:42 AM.

Comment

OFF TOPIC:

Tell us more about the genetic testing! Where, when, how much, etc.....
      Because if you didn't know, of that is life made: only of moments; Don't lose the now.
      ~Borges

Comment

Last edited by Asturian; 09-08-2010, 03:07 PM.
        “It is a truism that almost any sect, cult, or religion will legislate its creeds into law if it acquires the political power to do so, and will follow it by suppressing opposition, subverting all education to seize early the minds of the young, and by killing, locking up, or driving underground all heretics.”
        —Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Last edited by Asturian; 09-08-2010, 03:07 PM.
          —Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
          X