Cancer and sugar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer and sugar

just found this bit linking the growth of cancer cells to the lack of oxygen where the cells growth is caused by the fermentation of sugar.

http://www.stopcancer.com/ottolecture3.htm

it's a lecture by Otto Heinrich Warburg from 1966.

"Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by a fermentation of sugar. All normal body cells meet their energy needs by respiration of oxygen, whereas cancer cells meet their energy needs in great part by fermentation."
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

There is also research suggesting that cancer cell mitochondria need more glucose than normal cells, making a VLC ketogenic diet a good way to fight metastasis.
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

Good stuff. I wonder why this was ignored?
      A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Comment

Because it won't make anyone any money if it gets out?
        Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Comment

noone gains anything from your wellness financially but you.
          "The first wealth is health."
          - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

exactly, what happens to big pharmas $$$ when you find out that cancer isn't a virus but an imbalance mostly caused by your diet.

My friend says there's something similar in "Healing With Whole Foods", I may have to skim to that part.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

Read this:
              http://hubpages.com/hub/How-I-Cured-...-At-The-Movies

This guy has the cure for cancer. I know it seems hard to believe, but I've read testimonials from several people on his website that have been cured. It's a free recipe.

Comment

Well i had melanoma a couple years ago, and i get pre-cancer cells cut from my back every year . . . hopefully this diet helps me live longer.
                Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
                Current Weight: 266lbs
                High-school Weight: 235lbs
                Goal: ????

Comment

Russ, check out that link I posted. A guy on there posted pictures of his skin cancer completely disappearing after a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Griff View Post
                    Because it won't make anyone any money if it gets out?
                    I would agree with your statement !!

Comment

Originally posted by StoneAgeQueen View Post
                      Russ, check out that link I posted. A guy on there posted pictures of his skin cancer completely disappearing after a few weeks.
                      thanks for the link. . its a bit odd, what he had didn't sound like melanoma, i wonder if it would work on it? Also i wonder what substitution would be in stead of bread. . .
                      Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
                      Current Weight: 266lbs
                      High-school Weight: 235lbs
                      Goal: ????

Comment

John Yudkin studied the link between sugar consumption and degenaritive diseases way back. But it was Ancel Keys' lipid hypothesis based on shoddy research that came to be taken seriously. Reducing sugar consumption as a cure has no money but cholesterol-lowering drugs do.

His book Pure, White and Deadly unfortunately is unavailable now.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ View Post
                          thanks for the link. . its a bit odd, what he had didn't sound like melanoma, i wonder if it would work on it? Also i wonder what substitution would be in stead of bread. . .
                          Yes Kelley Eidem didn't have melanoma, but if you look at the testimonials from people who have used his cure, one of them did have melanoma and posted pics of it disappearing. The cure has worked on people with many different forms of cancer. The bread isn't important, it just acts as something to eat the peppers from. Apparently ginger root can be used as well as the peppers.

Comment

Originally posted by federkeil View Post
                            exactly, what happens to big pharmas $$$ when you find out that cancer isn't a virus but an imbalance mostly caused by your diet.

My friend says there's something similar in "Healing With Whole Foods", I may have to skim to that part.
                            "Gerson Therapy" is what he referred me to, I still have to give it a read though.

Comment

You know, in America anyway, grain, sugarcane, and tobacco are among the biggest cash crops there are. Is it any wonder that powerful research linking them with cancer gets buried, or never funded in the first place? Tobacco finally has to face the music, but how much longer for the others?

Comment

Working...
                              X