Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good post about IF

Why You Should Be Skipping Breakfast: The Secrets of Intermittent Fasting

although, i gotta say that martin's and dave's bodies are kinda squicking me out.

While current research into IF leaves much to be desired, anecdotal evidence suggests the presence of both positive physiological and psychological adaptations. However effective the protocol may be, it would be wise to train a critical eye toward one’s goals. IF is no panacea. Calories count, and taking something like IF to illogical ends – thinking, for example, that since a 16-hour fast is good, a 36-hour fast must be even better – can do more harm than good. IF changes nothing when it comes to caloric requirements, so don’t start operating under the specious logic that since you’re fasting you can eat to the point of illness and still remain lean.
    sigpic

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

good read while im 18 hours into an IF
    Thanks!
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks, that is a great article. I would also want to stop short of looking like Martin though. He's over the limit for me. I just want ripped abs and good physique not to look like an action figure all the time.
      http://www.facebook.com/daemonized

Comment

yea... he's funny lookin
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daemonized View Post
          Thanks, that is a great article. I would also want to stop short of looking like Martin though. He's over the limit for me. I just want ripped abs and good physique not to look like an action figure all the time.
          martin's abs look like something out of a giger painting, and dave's abs just look....deflated. and his face is scary skeletal.
          sigpic

Comment

That and I think that Martin is actually too muscular. I would much rather have that problem though than to be out of shape. All he has to do is chill and primal up a little bit and he'll be great.

Is primal a verb? Well, it should be.

Comment

Primally appears to be an adverb so I don't know if it should be a verb too. Then again we could say that we primal primally. I like it!

Good article, by the way. I have to hand it to Martin, he's good at what he does.
              Stabbing conventional wisdom in its face.

Anyone who wants to talk nutrition should PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by Stabby View Post
                Primally appears to be an adverb so I don't know if it should be a verb too. Then again we could say that we primal primally. I like it!

Good article, by the way. I have to hand it to Martin, he's good at what he does.
                i primaled last night. twice. it was excellent.

oh wait.

and errr yeah, i dont wanna totally rag on em because both of their transformations are just absolutely mind blowing, and ovbs they know what they're doing! i also wonder if martin has to clean his abs with a toothbrush in the shower.
                sigpic

Comment

Honestly, some of those dudes bodies looked pretty gross. . .
                  Starting Weight : 338lbs 6/11/2010
                  Current Weight: 266lbs
                  High-school Weight: 235lbs
                  Goal: ????

Comment

Originally posted by batty View Post
                    i primaled last night. twice. it was excellent.
                    Lol, I like it.

Comment

The best part at least about Martin is that he's never been genetically "gifted" in fact, he was quite the typical slightly overweight teen before he got super skinny and started modeling. I like knowing that he wasn't always a Swedish super fit person from the get-go.

I love reading Leangains but can't "subscribe" to all of it since he does use or recommend using quite a few supplements, and other seemingly harmful substances to lose weight and "pep up" for workouts. He also does say it's okay to have diet sodas and things such as that during a fast, I hate that type of advice it sends the wrong message.
                      I used to seriously post here, now I prefer to troll.

Comment

Ooh, that was a nice article. Though my office manager asked me not to IF on Wednesday anymore because she thinks it makes me cranky!

Comment

Working...
                        X