Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people tell you it's not PB that does it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When people tell you it's not PB that does it

    When people tell you it's not PB that does it.
    Meaning that any benefits/changes that you've experienced going PB are written off to other lifestyle changes.

    Now of course my parents have no idea about PB and think I still eat bread for lunch, but it's still funny to see what they come up with.

    My chronic cold is gone because I blow my nose harder.
    I sleep better because I go to bed earlier. (But I also get up earlier, doesn't that balance it out?)
    I'm more energetic because of my full-time internship. Even though the job is sedentary and takes up way more time than school.

    Anything else?
    "Bread-Bread-Dinner
    It ain't makin' me any thinner
    I eat a sandwich for break-fast
    And then I have a sugar blast!
    I eat toasted bread for lunch
    And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
    At dinner I eat pasta
    And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

    From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

  • #2
    No one has ever said that to me, actually. Just like no one has said to me, "oh, you're young and you have a good metabolism." I'm actually hoping someone DOES say that to me someday. It will be a milestone moment.
    Out of context quote for the day:

    Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

    Comment


    • #3
      Pretty much every time someone says something horrible like "...But it's the fat-free kind, so it's good for you!" and I have a comment back to them about not understanding what they think is healthy, I get some variation of:

      "Yeah, but you, like, work out all the time, so you can handle it!"

      I didn't realize that 2-3 hours of weights per week, total, was "working out all the time", but whatever.

      By that metric, I must poop all the time!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
        Pretty much every time someone says something horrible like "...But it's the fat-free kind, so it's good for you!" and I have a comment back to them about not understanding what they think is healthy, I get some variation of:

        "Yeah, but you, like, work out all the time, so you can handle it!"

        I didn't realize that 2-3 hours of weights per week, total, was "working out all the time", but whatever.

        By that metric, I must poop all the time!
        You spend 2-3 hours a week pooping?!
        The Champagne of Beards

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          You spend 2-3 hours a week pooping?!
          Nah, that was hyperbole. I'm actually very efficient. But if I don't want to be bothered for 15 minutes I'll do some reading and not rush back to work.

          Sent via Starscream

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
            Nah, that was hyperbole. I'm actually very efficient. But if I don't want to be bothered for 15 minutes I'll do some reading and not rush back to work.

            Sent via Starscream
            Glad to hear it! I was gonna offer to donate my squatty potty to you.
            The Champagne of Beards

            Comment


            • #7
              LOL, pooping 2-3 hours a week.

              Yah, I can eat 4 eggs a day now because I'm young. Grandma told me I'll get diabetes and high cholesterol when I'm older. (If the food has the same effect now, then why don't I get high cholesterol now? I'm not that active...)
              "Bread-Bread-Dinner
              It ain't makin' me any thinner
              I eat a sandwich for break-fast
              And then I have a sugar blast!
              I eat toasted bread for lunch
              And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
              At dinner I eat pasta
              And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

              From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                You spend 2-3 hours a week pooping?!
                Quality takes time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  Pretty much every time someone says something horrible like "...But it's the fat-free kind, so it's good for you!" and I have a comment back to them about not understanding what they think is healthy, I get some variation of:

                  "Yeah, but you, like, work out all the time, so you can handle it!"

                  I didn't realize that 2-3 hours of weights per week, total, was "working out all the time", but whatever.

                  By that metric, I must poop all the time!
                  I get that too. I had a discussion with someone about how dietary cholesterol is not harmful, and how I sometimes eat 20-30 eggs per week, and their response was "well, you must burn it off or something because you are active". I guess my body uses cholesterol for fuel?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by quikky View Post
                    I get that too. I had a discussion with someone about how dietary cholesterol is not harmful, and how I sometimes eat 20-30 eggs per week, and their response was "well, you must burn it off or something because you are active". I guess my body uses cholesterol for fuel?
                    I see this same claim on these very forums from time to time. When did cholesterol become a macronutrient?
                    The Champagne of Beards

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      At the same time as sugar.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Terry H View Post
                        At the same time as sugar.
                        Sugar from gummy bears/soda/drinking maple syrup.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          how in the world do eggs give you diabetes? o.O
                          beautiful
                          yeah you are

                          Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                          lol

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            how in the world do eggs give you diabetes? o.O
                            Silly goose, through MAGIC of course.

                            I had two eggs for dinner and I'd better dream about running a marathon tonight or I won't burn them off.
                            JOIN THE PANDA SHOW!!! Primal With A Side Of FABULOUS and PANDALOONERY!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              @Quikky (not sure how to quote using the app)

                              Wikipedia states that only 2% of dietary chol gets absorbed by the body. Maybe you can tell them that?

                              Sent from my HTC Desire using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                              "Bread-Bread-Dinner
                              It ain't makin' me any thinner
                              I eat a sandwich for break-fast
                              And then I have a sugar blast!
                              I eat toasted bread for lunch
                              And enjoy my mid-day crunch!
                              At dinner I eat pasta
                              And end my day with a sugar disasta!"

                              From the How am I not starving??? thread. Enjoy the read.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X