No announcement yet.

To those that have lost alot.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7lbs would be that noticeable to you. I could care less what I weight. I want to feel good and look good. I cant remember that last time I stepped on a scale. I use the does this close fit me approach. Grok didnt have a scale..

Comment

I have dropped 120 lbs since April 2012, I plateaued after the first 80 lbs and the last 40 has been slow going. I have another 20 or 30 to go and frankly I have no idea how to micromanage things.

I would suggest you change up your workouts, I get the feeling that doing the same workout after a while does not stress the system and you just acclimate to it, do something different and harder.

I think less running more walking and add in short sprints. I have been sprinting up a short hill 3 or 4 times a week while walking the dog.

Lift heavy and do some slow mobility work will probably help lifting heavier. I need to work on the mobility, too many injuries have me moving badly.

How dialed is your paleo eating? If you have not gotten that down, spend a few months getting it dialed well.

I am a big fan of Jason Seib's ( everyday paleo and eplifefit.com) approach. Slow and easy to start, get the food dialed with 3 squares no snacks, lift heavy, walk, sprint and when when everything is going well, reduce your eating window, skip breakfast and eat from 11 am to 7 pm.

I wish someday to be down to 7lbs left to go. Lucky bastard.
      Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Comment

I was 23 when I decided it was time to change my life... I weighed 245lbs and am 6ft tall, I was filling out an XL t-shirt and I was so unhappy. I didn't turn paleo or primal but rather a low calorie 5-6 meal plan that I designed myself. I ran 3 days a week maybe 1-2 miles each session. I gave up drinking and within 8 months I lost about 90lbs and every time I hit a wall I would have a cheat meal like pizza or pasta and low in behold 2 days later the weight starting falling off again.

Comment

Originally posted by Warmbear View Post
          I have dropped 120 lbs since April 2012, I plateaued after the first 80 lbs and the last 40 has been slow going. I have another 20 or 30 to go and frankly I have no idea how to micromanage things.

I would suggest you change up your workouts, I get the feeling that doing the same workout after a while does not stress the system and you just acclimate to it, do something different and harder.

I think less running more walking and add in short sprints. I have been sprinting up a short hill 3 or 4 times a week while walking the dog.

Lift heavy and do some slow mobility work will probably help lifting heavier. I need to work on the mobility, too many injuries have me moving badly.

How dialed is your paleo eating? If you have not gotten that down, spend a few months getting it dialed well.

I am a big fan of Jason Seib's ( everyday paleo and eplifefit.com) approach. Slow and easy to start, get the food dialed with 3 squares no snacks, lift heavy, walk, sprint and when when everything is going well, reduce your eating window, skip breakfast and eat from 11 am to 7 pm.

I wish someday to be down to 7lbs left to go. Lucky bastard.
          Thanks for your reply. I have started weightd and also do sprint sessions, but not as often as you do. As for my diet I'm fairly well dialled in. Last couple weeks have been awkward as I have had a few social functions. (a stag doo, far too much alcohol for my liking and rubbish food, family get together at a large all you can eat restaurant!) at home though its pretty much 90% I'd say.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

weight loss chart picture.jpg

My loss has had SO MANY plateaus. It has helped me tremendously to have a chart like this, because I can see the downward trend even through the stalls (and gains!) Also taking measurements really helps because (as has been said) you lose inches during times of no weight loss.
            I could see that, if not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. ~P. G. Wodehouse

Comment

Your body needs those moments of rest in losing the weight.... If you go too fast your body will see it as an attack and everything a bit high in calorie will go straight to your stomach or hips...Be okay with the pauses...

About micromanaging fluids... cut back on the natrium (sodium). It what is making your body hold on to fluids... also stress is a great factor in holding fluids on board...
              My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X