Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unchatenfrance View Post
    I think this is perhaps more appropriate for a "saddest CW moments" thread... during the summer when the place we usually practice is closed, my dance school rents space after hours from a daycare that has a huge unfurnished room ideal for dancing. Anyway, I was in their kitchen getting water and on the fridge was a list of kids and their allergies or dietary restrictions for the minders to have a quick reference. Among the usual nut and shellfish allergies or religious restrictions on certain meats, there were 3 kids noted as being "vegetarian." Seriously? Vegetarian pre-schoolers? I know their parents mean well, but I can't help but feel horrible for these poor kids and how their and their own children's health will be compromised in the long-run.
    That is so close to child abuse. Kids need fat, cholesterol, real food, protein from meat.

Comment

• Trying to make a baby vegan has gotten parents arrested for child abuse...

Comment

• There was recently a baby that died in France because the parents were strict vegan and the baby didn't get the proper nutrients from breast feeding...

Comment

• Originally posted by taylor044 View Post
          there was recently a baby that died in france because the parents were strict vegan and the baby didn't get the proper nutrients from breast feeding...
          wow.......

Comment

• natural selection at work
            Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
            Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
            Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
              natural selection at work
              Whether it's true or not; poor taste.
              Beginning of Primal Journey:
              Date: 4/6/2011
              Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by mammlouk View Post
                Oh I don't know, vegans might make good bacon.
                In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by mammlouk View Post
                  I stand chastized. I greive for the child, and i grieve the fact that humanity has become so detached from the reality of living that it could ever happen.

many authors have mentioned that we have no evolutionary pressure to change, this example says otherwise.

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                    Oh I don't know, vegans might make good bacon.
                    PUFA bacon
                    Yehck

Predator not Prey

CW 315 | SW 506

Comment

• Originally posted by Nion View Post
                      Lettuce/cabbage etc isn't poison, it gives them diarrhea and gassy tummy.
                      Hm, well, maybe it's more a concern with pets who eat mostly pellets, and abruptly get given a pile of fresh greens? I promise, our bun appears neither loose-stooled or farty.

Ah well. Meanwhile, cheers for bunnies! Ours is incredibly personable, especially considering he spent his formative couple years in an aseptic white room. Most other pet buns I'd met before were crabby NZW hutch bunnies.

CW moment: I just read that Clinton's now more or less vegan "for health". In the comment string, people were congratulating him and then in the same breath mentioning how puffy and pale he looked.
                      “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
                      - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• I'm more of a lurker than anything else around these parts, but when I ran across this I had to share.

"A balanced diet should contain carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, mineral salts and fiber. Have whole wheat bread for carbohydrates, fish recipes or eggs for proteins, rice or potato for fats and cereals for fiber."

Rice or potato for fats? Really? Potato I can kind of see, but that might be because I put so much butter on mine :9 The omission of red meat is pretty sad (and SAD) too-- especially since this was from a webpage listing foods high in iron...

Comment

• Originally posted by opalinesque View Post
                          I'm more of a lurker than anything else around these parts, but when I ran across this I had to share.

"A balanced diet should contain carbohydrates, proteins, fats, vitamins, mineral salts and fiber. Have whole wheat bread for carbohydrates, fish recipes or eggs for proteins, rice or potato for fats and cereals for fiber."

Rice or potato for fats? Really? Potato I can kind of see, but that might be because I put so much butter on mine :9 The omission of red meat is pretty sad (and SAD) too-- especially since this was from a webpage listing foods high in iron...
                          No mention of veggies there either.

Comment

• Originally posted by opalinesque View Post
                            I'm more of a lurker than anything else around these parts, but when I ran across this I had to share.

As a Maritimer I support the fish comment, but as a human I find the lack of bacon disturbing.
                            In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• the powers that be are trying to thin the herd
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• I've been dropping weight like crazy and it's starting to show. Plus on top of that I work seven days and get seven days off. So my customers don't see me sometimes for almost two weeks at a time.

One of my regulars who comes in every Saturday morning came to my register and the first two things she said was that I looked "fantastic" and asked "how much weight have you lost?"

She then proceded to ask how I was losing weight. So I gave her the cliffnotes version. "Essentially if it wasn't around 10,000 years ago, you don't eat it."
                                her: "So like what bark and grass?"
                                me: "...No, grassfed beef, fatty meats, lots of butter, fresh veggies, cut out all sweetened drinks and foods, and i'm keeping my carb intake under 100 grams a day. Oh and absolutely no wheat and grains. it's a return to the logic that fat is the body's primary fuel source."
                                her: *aghast* "EATING FAT WILL MAKE YOU FAT!"
                                me: "....but you just said i look fantastic for all the weight i lost."
                                her: "Oh I feel so bad for you, you're ruining your health and don't even know it."
                                me: *continues ringing up the 36 candy bars, 7 bags of chips, 14 bottles of mountain dew, and 3 loaves of wheat bread* *facepalm in my head*

BTW that's what she buys every week. ... and to put it as nicely as I can, she is not generally what you would call the picture of health. But those mumus do flatter her figure I suppose.
                                Last edited by OrionFyre; 08-20-2011, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X