Yep, I'm over there too!
    Durp.

Comment

• I'm a raveler too
      My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

• I just read this entire thread in almost one sitting. *falls over*
        Doing the Primal 30 Day Challenge since August 8th, 2011!

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
          I can't read Cosmo much anymore. It's just aimed for a demographic I'm no longer in (late teens- earlys 20s, most likely in college, and single). Being in my mid-20s, actually on my career path, and married takes me out of those demographics. I still read Glamour occasionally, and have a subscription to Marie Claire, but there really isn't a magazine (that I've found) aimed at young married women without children who have a career. Then again, I'm also the kind of girl that reads Wired, Popular Science, Popular Mechanics, and PCWorld, as well as several technical journals and Slashdot, so I'm not exactly a common demographic.
          I know I'm a few months late to the periodical party, but have you read BUST? It's my favorite ;0)
          “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
          - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• Originally posted by DemonGraveWolf View Post
            The vet doesn't seem to have a problem, but they don't seem to know much at all or sell any rabbit food.
            !!!
            No need for purchased bunny food--orchard or timothy hay available at all times and veggie scraps galore is all that's needed. There's no such thing as "too many veggies" when it comes to leafy stuff, though we limit starchies like carrots and sugary fruits. Wild bunnies eat grass and greens =). Pelleted food was made for putting weight on fryer rabbits quickly. Fat pet bunnies are no bueno!
            “Falconry is not a hobby or an amusement; it is a rage. You eat and drink it, sleep it and think it. You tremble to write of it, even in recollection. It is as King James the First remarked, an extreme stirrer up of passions.” --T.H. White, The Godstone and the Blackymor

"The world must be all fucked up when men travel first class and literature goes as freight."
            - Gabriel Garcia Marquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

Comment

• The men behind me are moaning and groaning about how they cant eat the chicken skins on their food, then the biggest of them got up and ordered cookies from the cashier. -_-'
              Doing the Primal 30 Day Challenge since August 8th, 2011!

Comment

• Originally posted by Silky View Post
                I'm a raveler too
                What's a raveler?
                The eyes of all hope in thee, O Lord: and thou givest them meat in due season.
                Psalms 144:15

Annie Sires

Freedom consists not in doing what we like, but in having the right to do what we ought.
                Pope John Paul II

Comment

• I love this thread! Okay, I have one to add:
                  Overheard in this morning while waiting for Bar class to start(it's a ballet/isometric-movement-based class)

Receptionist: You know it's better to eat a donut for breakfast than nothing
                  Me: Um, all those sugar and carbs without any protein will hit your bloodstream like a sledgehammer and cause a big insulin spike--skipping a meal would cause your body less stress.
                  Receptionist: [withering look] Actually, I got that tip from Shape.

Shape is to CW fitness what the Biblewas to Martin Luther. DO NOT QUESTION THE FITNESS MAGAZINE!

Comment

• Originally posted by sires6 View Post
                    What's a raveler?
                    I thought it was a raving reveler. Makes for an exciting party.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildwabbit View Post
                      I thought it was a raving reveler. Makes for an exciting party.

Well I was a raver back in the day, but that's another story!

Now I'm a knitter and crocheter. There's a great knitting site called Ravelry which is where I found out about MDA (on one of the off topic forums that doesn't talk about knitting at all!)
                      My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savannah View Post
                        Shape is to CW fitness what the Biblewas to Martin Luther. DO NOT QUESTION THE FITNESS MAGAZINE!
                        Hah. I read Shape regularly about five years ago -- I even had a subscription. I remember they had a "Sugar Diet" once. Because, see, you can have your cake and lose weight, too!!!! Isn't that awesome, grrlz????? OMG KIM KARDASHIAN!!!!

Ahem.

It was an entertaining diversion when I was on the treadmill (this was five years ago, after all), but after a while I got tired of the bullshit science studies, constant pandering to cosmetics and clothing, and celebrities I didn't care about. Can't say I miss it.

Steph's exercise rule, #509293489234: if you find you need reading material to get through your exercise routine, ur doin it wrong.
                        Steph
                        My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by mixie View Post
                          !!!
                          No need for purchased bunny food--orchard or timothy hay available at all times and veggie scraps galore is all that's needed. There's no such thing as "too many veggies" when it comes to leafy stuff, though we limit starchies like carrots and sugary fruits. Wild bunnies eat grass and greens =). Pelleted food was made for putting weight on fryer rabbits quickly. Fat pet bunnies are no bueno!
                          I would consider giving them an all greens diet, but the pellets are mostly just to help me not go completely broke. They're on Oxbow now, and they don't get a ton of it, just enough to keep their bellies full when the bank account gets low. It's hard taking care of the amount of animals I have on a college budget, but we manage. Besides, my largest rabbit, Rogue tends to be picky with greens. I have to be careful because if I give her something like parsley with dinner one night, she'll suddenly decide that it's all she wants to eat for two weeks. The pellets help balance her out a little bit, especially since she's the very opposite of fat, I struggle to keep her weight on. My other rabbit Bandit is a mini rex and tends to want to be fat, but he does well on the Oxbow food. You're right though, cheaper rabbit food does cause weight problems at least in the rex. I can't make Rogue gain weight at all, and I'm not sure if it's her breed (unknown) or what. She's very healthy and the vet doesn't think there's anything really wrong, she just burns though it faster. She's 9 lbs of lean rabbit muscle, and she likes to use it to tell you when you're doing something wrong! Ouch.

Comment

• My rabbit will eat any table scraps (we only feed him bunny friendly stuff)
                            Incomplete list below:

Bunny Safe Plants
                            Safe Cultivated Vegetables: Artichokes, Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery (chopped into small pieces - long strands in celery can choke a bunn - thanks, Lisa in Perth!), Chicory, Corn-on-the-Cob, Dandelion, Horseradish, Kales, Kohlrabi, Lucerne, Maize, Parsley, Strawberry, Spinach, Sunflowers, Strawberry and Raspberry Leaves.
                            Safe Herbs: Blackberry (general bunny tonic), Bramble, Mint, Parsley (another excellent general bunny tonic), Raspberry Leaves (general tonic), Rosemary, Sage, Strawberry Leaves, Thyme.
                            Safe Wild Plants: Bramble, Bindweed, Burnet, Butterbur, Cow Parsnip or Hogweed, Coltsfoot, Convolvulus, Chickweed, Geum, Goosegrass, Crosewort or Maywort, Dandelion, Dock (not seeding), Groundsel, Goutweed, Hawkweed, Heather, Hedgeparsley, Knapweed, Knotgrass, Lucerne, Mallow, Mustard, Nipplewort, Plaintain, Sea Spinach, Shepherd’s Purse, Sour Dock or Sorrel, Thistles, Trefoil, Vetches or Tares, Watercress, Yarrow.
                            A couple of warnings on wild plants: firstly, if you are going to feed your bunny wild plants, be sure that you definitely know for certain the type of plant you are choosing, as plants go by different common names in various parts of the world - best to err on the side of caution, and only feed plants which you know the names of for certain, or which you know for certain are bunny safe; secondly, be aware that, if you pick plants from public places, or any place where you personally have not grown them yourself, you must be absolutely certain that they have not been contaminated by pesticides or other chemicals - again, best to err on the side of caution.
                            Safe Flowers: Asters, Borage, Calendula, Carnations, Centaurea, Daisies, Galega, Geranium, Geum, Helenium, Hollyhock, Honesty, Lupins (not seeds), Mallow, Marguerites, Marigolds, Michaelmas Daisies, Nasturtium, Rose, Stocks, Sunflowers.
                            Safe Trees: wood prunings from fruit trees, with the exception of stone fruit trees (again also ensure they have not been sprayed with pesticides or chemicals), most deciduous trees (but not Oaks), Blackberry, Rose, Raspberry Canes (with all canes, beware of thorns, of course).
                            Hay (including grasses: Kentucky Blue Grass, Fescue, Timothy, Lucerne, Rye Grass, Yarrow), Dandelion (sparingly - a powerful diuretic).
                            Bread can be fed, but is not ideal and only dried bread, never fresh - no bread is ideal for bunnies, because of the yeast and the highly processed ingredients.

Dangerous for bunnies - avoid these:
                            Dangerous Cultivated Vegetables - always avoid: Cabbage, Lettuce, Mangold, Parsnips, Potato Tops, Swede Turnips, Tomato Leaves.
                            Dangerous Wild Plants - always avoid: Arum, Anemone, Bluebell, Buttercup, Bryony, Christmas Cherry, all Clovers, Colchicums or Meadow Saffron, Comfrey, Corn Cockle, Celandine, Deadly Nightshade, Docks (in seed), Dog Mercury, Figwort, Fool’s Parsley, Foxglove, Honeysuckle, Iris, Jasmine, Lords and Ladies, Ground Ivy, Hemlock, Henbane Poppies, Oxalis, all Poppies, Scarlet Pimpernel, Spurges, Toadflax, Traveller’s Joy, Wandering Jew, Yew.
                            Dangerous House Plants: Arum Lilies, Bead Plant, Christmas Cherry, Cineraria, Daffodils and all bulb plants, Devil’s Ivy, Dieffenbachia, Fairy Primrose, Hedera, all Ivy, all Jasmines, Leopard Lily, Monstera (Fruit Salad Plant/Swiss Cheese Plant), Miltonia, Poinsettia, Pothos, Primula Obconica, all Primulas, Solanum, String of Beads, Tradescantia, Wandering Jew or Wandering Sailor, Winter Cherry, Zantedeschia.
                            Dangerous Flowers - always avoid: Acacia, Aconite, Antirrhinum, Arum, Anemone, Cineraria, Clover, Columbine, Daffodil, Dahlia, Delphinium, Feverfew, Gypsophila, Helleborus, Honeysuckle, Hyacinth, Iris, Jasmine, Larkspur, Lily of the Valley, Linarias, Lobelia, Love-in-a-Mist, Monkshood, Oxalis, all Poppies, Primroses, Primula Obconica, all Primulas, Snowdrop, Snowflake, Tulips, all bulbous plants, and all flowers which grow from bulbs, are poisonous.
                            Dangerous Trees - always avoid: most evergreen trees and shrubs, Acacia, Box, Elder, Beech, Gorse, acorns, seeds, Ivy, Laburnum, Oak, Flowering Plum Trees, all stone fruit trees, Snowberry.
                            I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

• Originally posted by Nion View Post
                              My rabbit will eat any table scraps (we only feed him bunny friendly stuff)
                              Incomplete list below:

Bunny Safe Plants

Dangerous for bunnies - avoid these:
                              This is good stuff. No wonder cabbage bothered me!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildwabbit View Post
                                This is good stuff. No wonder cabbage bothered me!
                                Cabbage gives buns the runs! And makes them rather farty, too
                                I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Comment

Working...
                                X