No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocotaco, I think the reason you see "carb phobia" is because there are a LOT of us who can't tolerate the moderate amount you can without weight gain and many other symptoms. Whether we have metabolic problems, dysbiotic guts, or something else wrong, it's not at all uncommon.

I think that for the most part, you could probably assume that most people who appear "carb phobic" are in this camp. It is a real issue, and the more the two camps understand each other, the more we can help more people find what healthy is for them. It's equally important for me to understand that moderate amounts of primal carbs are beneficial to you, as for you to understand that those same carbs are harmful to me, at this stage of my life - a stage I certainly hope will not last forever.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• I just have to rant for a minute.

What the heck is wrong with people? If you work with someone who is diabetic that never turns down sugar is it a good idea to offer them cake? No, it's not! You are enabling and need to take personal responsibility for the fact that you are contributing to their disease. Sure, in a perfect world everybody would be responsible for themselves and be able to exercise self-control. Gues what? It's not a perfect world! You would think that people would at least understand that sugar is TOXIC for a diabetic even if they are too stupid to understand how much it affects those who are not diabetic.

On the flipside, Mr. diabetes spokesman needs to get a freaking clue! "I'll just take an extra shot!" IS NOT a valid response when somebody ask whether eating that cake, donut, snickers bar or whatever else is a good decision! Holy freaking crap people. Are you serious?! You're kidding right?! I can't take it anymore. Learn about your disease and TREAT IT! If you took the time to really understand what insulin is and how it negatively affects you then maybe you would make a change. You're hormones are screwed, you're morbidly obese, you can't walk up a single flight of stairs, you're always tired, Everyone can hear you breathe from across the room, what more does it take to get your attention? You are not going to get to enjoy retirement playing with your grandson the way that you are always talking about it because you are going to die! AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!

Okay, I feel better now.
      Beginning of Primal Journey:
      Date: 4/6/2011
      Weight: 247

Progress:

“If people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny.” ~ Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
        Chocotaco, I think the reason you see "carb phobia" is because there are a LOT of us who can't tolerate the moderate amount you can without weight gain and many other symptoms. Whether we have metabolic problems, dysbiotic guts, or something else wrong, it's not at all uncommon.
        Yeah, I can see that. The latest thread popping up on the blogs of the presenters who were at the AHS is how carbs are good look at these cultures that eat carbs carbs carbs carbs. And...I want to believe them, but jeez, my track record looks like this:
        1. I lose weight.
        2. I indulge in something starchy (pasta, pizza, sweet potatoes, potatoes, or pancakes).
        3. I gain weight.

I have conducted this "experiment" many times. For me, it's a proven fact. I am happy some people can tolerate a larger amount of carbs. I wish I were them. But even the gluten free stuff is guaranteed to make my weight jump by 2-3 lbs.

But I appreciate Chocotaco's post for reminding us that there is hope! And pizza! Well, for some of us....
        Steph
        My Primal Meanderings

Comment

• Originally posted by mammlouk View Post
          IOn the flipside, Mr. diabetes spokesman needs to get a freaking clue! "I'll just take an extra shot!" IS NOT a valid response when somebody ask whether eating that cake, donut, snickers bar or whatever else is a good decision! .
          Wow, you must work with my dad. For such a smart man his refusal to put two and two together on this issue blows my mind. "Oh, I will just take more insulin." *face palm*

Comment

• I was at Jason's Deli getting my soup and salad on. Then I hear this yelled across the restaurant:
            "MELATONIN, GET YOUR ASS OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!"
            Praying she was just crazy, I looked in the general direction of the scream and see a rather red faced 5 year old heading towards the woman that yelled it. That's right, she named her poor pasty white son after a chemical in the human body responsible for skin coloration (among other things). I just pray he's smart enough to go by Mel or Tony later in life.
            Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
            My Latest Journal

Comment

• Holy crap!

Melatonin. Poor kid. I agree Mel or Tony is a lot better idea.
              My photo diary of my primal diet on wordpress

My primal journal on MDA.

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                I was at Jason's Deli getting my soup and salad on. Then I hear this yelled across the restaurant:
                Praying she was just crazy, I looked in the general direction of the scream and see a rather red faced 5 year old heading towards the woman that yelled it. That's right, she named her poor pasty white son after a chemical in the human body responsible for skin coloration (among other things). I just pray he's smart enough to go by Mel or Tony later in life.
                Relinds me o f the woman i my local Medicade office who called to her children LeMonjello and OrAngejello

wtf
                Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                  Relinds me o f the woman i my local Medicade office who called to her children LeMonjello and OrAngejello

wtf
                  Damn, that's the sort of thing you give creative props for, but to actually chain your kids to those names? There are some things better forgotten.
                  I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

I was at Jason's Deli getting my soup and salad on. Then I hear this yelled across the restaurant:
                    What? Wait, WHAT?
                    No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                    -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Got back from my MIL's today. She wanted to babysit the youngest. She tells me about their time together, including what she fed him. I brought fruit for his snack, but she said he "wasn't hungry for it, so I gave him a couple of cookies instead." Duh, if he wasn't hungry enough to eat the fruit, then why offer the cookies?
                      I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

Comment

• Ohgod, Heidi. I'm glad me and my SO are moving to a state where neither of us have family to deal with that shit. Hope that works itself out soon!

Do yourself a favor and become your own savior.
                        Congenital Hypothyroid
                        CW: 225lbs SW: 245lbs

Comment

You're thinking about melanin. Melatonin is a hormone involved in the sleep process.
                          In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• My (diabetic) dad's doctor told him to restrict his carbs, otherwise he'd have to go on insulin. Turns out his "restricted" carb budget is 300 grams/day.

I'm not sure which reaction to have: "Well at least there's some carb restriction" or "That's almost 3/4 pound of sugar! 1200 calories! Seriously?"
                            "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• I know there are a few Ravelers here...check out the grocery shopping thread in Remrants. There are a few lists that look mostly like mine but most made me roll my eyes.
                              I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
                              Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
                              "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

Comment

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
                                Chocotaco, I think the reason you see "carb phobia" is because there are a LOT of us who can't tolerate the moderate amount you can without weight gain and many other symptoms. Whether we have metabolic problems, dysbiotic guts, or something else wrong, it's not at all uncommon.

I think that for the most part, you could probably assume that most people who appear "carb phobic" are in this camp. It is a real issue, and the more the two camps understand each other, the more we can help more people find what healthy is for them. It's equally important for me to understand that moderate amounts of primal carbs are beneficial to you, as for you to understand that those same carbs are harmful to me, at this stage of my life - a stage I certainly hope will not last forever.
                                +1

Comment

Working...
                                X