Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A friend who just became a doctor just posted this on facebook:

    I just found out the most amazing thing of 2011: The Oncology ward has tons of amazing ice cream hidden in the freezer for "patients"!!!

    Comment


    • Originally posted by hazmat View Post
      A friend who just became a doctor just posted this on facebook:

      I just found out the most amazing thing of 2011: The Oncology ward has tons of amazing ice cream hidden in the freezer for "patients"!!!
      **Facepalm**
      Durp.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by RitaRose View Post
        Well they're just being honest. It WOULD stay with you longer - right there on your belly and in your arteries and...
        don't forget my rear! LOL

        Comment


        • Originally posted by hottierockstar View Post
          don't forget my rear! LOL
          How could we?!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by hazmat View Post
            A friend who just became a doctor just posted this on facebook:

            I just found out the most amazing thing of 2011: The Oncology ward has tons of amazing ice cream hidden in the freezer for "patients"!!!
            Argh! If Taubes is right, cancer patients shouldn't be getting any sugar AT ALL. It just feeds their tumors. Argh!
            Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

            My Primal Journal

            Comment


            • but little billy is sad and sugar will make him feel better. The bottom line is diet should be a big part of any cancer protocol. The fact that it's not is just another blatana example of the drug trust and how the ACS, FDA are ran by the drug companies, for the drug companies.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by newberrycrater View Post
                how could we?!
                lol!

                Comment


                • I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer - her doctor told her that she should eat only organic vegetables and pastured beef. He said it's an experimental treatment protocol, but at least he did suggest it...

                  My most recent CW moment occurred yesterday morning at breakfast with one of my teenage daughter's new friends - as my daughter was asking her what she wanted for breakfast and explaining why we didn't have cereal, her friend said, "when my parents went healthy, we could only have Honey Nut Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch." I can maybe sorta understand the Cheerios, but Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Is it because the label says it's full of healthy whole grains?
                  My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread51572.html

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                    I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer - her doctor told her that she should eat only organic vegetables and pastured beef. He said it's an experimental treatment protocol, but at least he did suggest it...

                    My most recent CW moment occurred yesterday morning at breakfast with one of my teenage daughter's new friends - as my daughter was asking her what she wanted for breakfast and explaining why we didn't have cereal, her friend said, "when my parents went healthy, we could only have Honey Nut Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch." I can maybe sorta understand the Cheerios, but Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Is it because the label says it's full of healthy whole grains?
                    *bangs head against the wall* Don't people realize how much sugar is in most cereal?!?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by spakesneaker View Post
                      *bangs head against the wall* Don't people realize how much sugar is in most cereal?!?
                      Cinnamon Toast Crunch is actually COATED with sugar. So I don't know how people could NOT know how much sugar is in that one....
                      No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                      -Maimonodies

                      The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

                      Babes with BBQ

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                        I have a friend who was recently diagnosed with cancer - her doctor told her that she should eat only organic vegetables and pastured beef. He said it's an experimental treatment protocol, but at least he did suggest it...

                        My most recent CW moment occurred yesterday morning at breakfast with one of my teenage daughter's new friends - as my daughter was asking her what she wanted for breakfast and explaining why we didn't have cereal, her friend said, "when my parents went healthy, we could only have Honey Nut Cheerios and Cinnamon Toast Crunch." I can maybe sorta understand the Cheerios, but Cinnamon Toast Crunch? Is it because the label says it's full of healthy whole grains?
                        Wait a doctor recommended a paleo type diet for a cancer patient? Pastured beef and organic vegetables? This is so encouraging to hear that doctors are starting to think for themselves. Are they doing chemo/radiation in addition to the experimental treatment protocol?

                        I wonder if the ACS is on board with this scary experiement.

                        Comment


                        • My grandmother lives in San Diego, and she'll occasionally send me a few packs of my favorite local brand of homemade flower tortillas. They're amazing tortillas, so I indulge in them occasionally, usually filled with some grass-fed barbacoa beef or something similarly primal, and just call it part of my twenty percent. I think I'm going to stop eating them, though, because the most recent batch I received had displayed proudly on the lable: "Now made with 100 percent vegetable oil instead of lard for a less fatty tortilla."

                          I think I wept a little. And of course, they don't taste nearly as good now, either.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
                            "Now made with 100 percent vegetable oil instead of lard for a less fatty tortilla."
                            WTF a tortilla made without lard? holy crap that is criminal.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by hazmat View Post
                              but little billy is sad and sugar will make him feel better. The bottom line is diet should be a big part of any cancer protocol. The fact that it's not is just another blatana example of the drug trust and how the ACS, FDA are ran by the drug companies, for the drug companies.
                              I don't know...I think it's just a case of a whole lot of people NOT thinking things through. Hospital menus are designed by administrators and nutritionists, and administered by nurses and aides...and meanwhile the doctors are doing their thing with tests and treatments. Everyone has good intentions but there's just a disconnect. I really doubt that pharmaceutical companies are sitting in their offices saying "hee hee, more ice cream for you means more cancer patients for us!"

                              Comment


                              • I was camping this weekend with a bunch of SCA people who I haven't seen in a while. Many of them kept commenting on how great I look these days. Yet when I talked about food and said that I happily eat all the butter and fat I like, they said "Oh, but look at you, you can get away with it." Um, disconnect much? Trying to explain that I look good *because* I eat all that fat was largely a hopeless effort. All I got was clueless blank stares or utter disbelief from most (although I did discover that one friend is also doing paleo these days, and he looks great for it--we happily swapped recipes).

                                Amusingly, I also had people guessing my weight at significantly less than it is and my age at about a decade younger than I am. Thanks, Primal and CrossFit!

                                Other facepalm moment: dude walks by with a leather carrying thing with a 2-litre pop bottle in it. I comment on the tooling (which was very nice), and he proudly tells me that his friend made it for him to help with his "2-litre problem". Um, dude, your 2-litre problem is not your trouble carrying it around, it's the fact that you consume multiple 2-litre bottles of Pepsi daily.
                                “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

                                Owly's Journal

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X