No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was mentioning to a coworker that I wanted my toddler to eat more veggies, and she actually suggested potato chips and popcorn.

I would bet you she'd consider rice a vegetable too...

(Mercifully, since then we've managed to get my toddler to eat more actual veggies.)
    Last edited by Jenny; 07-24-2011, 03:30 PM.
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Comment

• Originally posted by sapphire_chan View Post
      Fat free peanut butter exists?

Wait... don't tell me. Let me guess. They press out all the peanut oil and replace it with HFCS?
      I was mistaken - Its "reduced fat". 25% less fat, replaced with more sugar, fully hydrogenated vegetable oils, and CORN SYRUP SOLIDS. YUM!

Comment

• Originally posted by taylor044 View Post
        Well if you kind of think about it, potatoes are a vegetable, they're fried in vegetable oil, and eventually coated in a healthy tomato concoction called ketchup. There isn't a single thing about them that doesn't have something to do with vegetables!
        Almost – Vegetable oil isn't made from vegetables.

The Term “Vegetable Oil” Is False Advertising (Updated) - GNOLLS.ORG

Comment

• I was treated with some colleagues to lunch at an expensive restaurant. Two of us ordered the grass fed beef steak. One being me, who scarfed it down delightedly. The other a fellow who left about a quarter of it on his plate saying "I'm on a diet so better not eat the rest, though I'd love to", all the while with a tortured, wistful expression on his face as he stared at the remaining portion.

Comment

• Originally posted by taylor044 View Post
            Well if you kind of think about it, potatoes are a vegetable, they're fried in vegetable oil, and eventually coated in a healthy tomato concoction called ketchup. There isn't a single thing about them that doesn't have something to do with vegetables!
            The president of Frito Lay got caught making this exact argument, for realz, about Tostitos. "Every ingredient is derived from corn, which is a healthy vegetable" - its somewhere on youtube.
            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

• Originally posted by Omad View Post
              Almost – Vegetable oil isn't made from vegetables.

The Term “Vegetable Oil” Is False Advertising (Updated) - GNOLLS.ORG
              Now I'm consumed with a burning curiosity about Wesson. I'll have to take a peek at the label when I go to the grocery store tonight.

Comment

• Not a funny moment but a rather sad one IMO. I never preach to anyone about my choice of eating, but if people ask I gladly will tell them about it. Someone asked me about PB and I explained what I eat and what types of food I choose to exclude. Their reaction was to tell me that if they were to restrict their diet then there would be no enjoyment in life. Then proceeded to say that I will probably outlive him by 20 years, but at least he'll be happy during the time he's alive.

Comment

• Originally posted by warrdogg View Post
                  Not a funny moment but a rather sad one IMO. I never preach to anyone about my choice of eating, but if people ask I gladly will tell them about it. Someone asked me about PB and I explained what I eat and what types of food I choose to exclude. Their reaction was to tell me that if they were to restrict their diet then there would be no enjoyment in life. Then proceeded to say that I will probably outlive him by 20 years, but at least he'll be happy during the time he's alive.
                  Yeah, I always feel miserable when I'm eating grilled ribeye and asparagus roasted in garlic butter. It makes me lose the will to live.
                  My Journal

Comment

• Wesson cooking oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I'm consumed with a burning curiosity about Wesson. I'll have to take a peek at the label when I go to the grocery store tonight.

Comment

• I just recalled one of the worst CW moments that occurred at my brother's house last year visiting. He is employed as a chef and knows how to cook. He made a roast chicken for supper and it was sitting on the counter resting before he was going to carve it up. I went to the table and couldn't wait to dig into to that delicious bird. When he came to the table with the carved chicken there was no skin on the plate. I asked him where the skin went. "I threw it out. It's too fattening" he said. I went to the garbage and had to look. Sure enough it was there. I think I shed a tear.

Comment

• Today is employee appreciate day at work. I of course chose not to participate in coffee and doughnuts, however found myself a bit peckish as i had not eaten before leaving. So i warmed up my 8 oz greek burger and was walking down the aisle. My manager saw me and asked if i had gotten a doughnut then looked again and said " that looks way better than a doughnut"

How can they say things like that but still tout grains? I see it as they subconsciously know meat is better but cant consciouly accept it.
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

• The other day I went out for lunch with some coworkers as a team-building exercise to California Pizza Kitchen. I ordered a salad and the man sitting across from me (my project manager) said, “A salad? You looked at the calorie counts* didn't you? Don't even look at those, get what you want. You don’t need to diet."

In my mind I was like, "No asshole, I didn't look at the calorie counts. I looked at what was delicious!" But in life I just sort of looked away and mumbled “glutenfreemumblemumble” and then everyone at the table started talking about home theatre systems or something.

And for the record, I looked it up when I got back to my desk and my salad was over 1000 calories, and I ate the whole damn, delicious thing! It is so aggravating that he would just assume I’m on a diet.

*In NY all restaurants with over 15 locations nationwide must print calorie counts on the menu.
                          No disease that can be treated by diet should be treated with any other means.
                          -Maimonodies

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.

Babes with BBQ

Comment

• Originally posted by ELizabeth826 View Post
                            The other day I went out for lunch with some coworkers as a team-building exercise to California Pizza Kitchen. I ordered a salad and the man sitting across from me (my project manager) said, “A salad? You looked at the calorie counts* didn't you? Don't even look at those, get what you want. You don’t need to diet."

In my mind I was like, "No asshole, I didn't look at the calorie counts. I looked at what was delicious!" But in life I just sort of looked away and mumbled “glutenfreemumblemumble” and then everyone at the table started talking about home theatre systems or something.

And for the record, I looked it up when I got back to my desk and my salad was over 1000 calories, and I ate the whole damn, delicious thing! It is so aggravating that he would just assume I’m on a diet.

*In NY all restaurants with over 15 locations nationwide must print calorie counts on the menu.
                            I love too how people see you eating well and say things like "you don't need to diet" ... Its like "well, dummy, I don't stay so fit and healthy by slogging down the crap YOU eat."

Comment

• Originally posted by Rummy View Post
                              I love too how people see you eating well and say things like "you don't need to diet" ... Its like "well, dummy, I don't stay so fit and healthy by slogging down the crap YOU eat."
                              Yeah. Now that I am at my goal weight, I get that all the time. "You don't need to diet". Well, how do you think I got here? By eating whole pizzas? People just don't get that eating healthy /= dieting.

Comment

• Yep, I looked at the label last night, and sure enough - soybean oil. Then I made a face and picked up a good quality extra virgin olive oil.

Comment

Working...
                                X