Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Okay I've bene income. My daughter was NOT heavy until she started with the free lunch and breakfast. fruit pies for breakfast are you kidding me?!?! sugar and bad fats.
    Plus the gallons of free juice on the WIC women infants and children.
    It is better than not eating I do have to say! I've had times when I've had to get food from food closets. It's all carbs with maybe 1 whole chicken or meat suprise if you're lucky.
    I do my best to make things stretch so she can eat better. Got a scholarship to a gym. cut out sugars. She is 11 5ft tall and 160 lbs. Started her on atkins in april her choice she lost 20 lbs. Went with her dad on a 2 week trip and ate fast food the whole time and gained most of it back. Her dad my ex says that low carb is bad for her?!?!? UMMMM okay yeah right.
    Edit to say we are now primal as we can be.
    Had no idea I was so weak till I started walking in October. Could barely make it around the block!
    Now can walk on the beach for hours.

    Comment


    • Yesterday I asked my family if they would do a 30 day paleo challange for me, then see how they felt adding gluten back in. My husband said no because, and I quote, "I would starve all the gluten eating bacteria in my gut so I could never eat it again" . Oh my. That's just one for Fake Science.
      Last edited by gojirama; 07-10-2011, 02:52 PM.
      I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
      Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
      "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

      Comment


      • Originally posted by abstractpersona View Post
        Double funny: the parents said that the kids could only eat extra vegetables if they finish their boxed mac & cheese.
        The kids didn't want to eat the mac & cheese, but they kept asking for more vegetables.
        Poor things :-(
        Oh my gosh, I've done that with my kids! It's because my kids are forever hungry and I know the vegetables won't fill them up for long, so I make them eat the more calorie-dense foods first. On my defense, it was gluten-free mac & cheese. LOL
        I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gojirama View Post
          Yesterday I asked my family if they would do a 30 day paleo challange for me, then see how they felt adding gluten back in. My husband said no because, and I quote, "I would starve all the gluten eating bacteria in my gut so I could never eat it again" . Oh my. That's just one for Fake Science.
          This is what my MIL says too. She thinks I'm going to give myself an allergy to gluten by not eating gluten-containing foods. I'm still pretty new to all this paleo and PB stuff, so I got a little worried. I still have a lot of learning to do.
          I'm retraining and strengthening my taste buds, one primal meal at a time.

          Comment


          • I hosted "Mom's Night Out" for our play group last night - so it's just the Moms w/o the kids. One Mom is always bringing these mini cupcakes to all the play dates and brings them again last night. She then states that she doesn't allow these treats at home and only brings them to play dates. Umm, if you don't want your kid eating this crap, why do you make it and then bring it around for everyone elses kids to eat??? Then I discover that my teenager ate like a dozen of them while we were down in the pool and hot tub - grrrrrr.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Heidi View Post
              This is what my MIL says too. She thinks I'm going to give myself an allergy to gluten by not eating gluten-containing foods. I'm still pretty new to all this paleo and PB stuff, so I got a little worried. I still have a lot of learning to do.
              allergies form by repeated exposure, not by absence (thats why people with severe allergies get worse with each exposure). what you can do is DISCOVER a latent intolerance by removing something from your diet, allowing the body to heal and then reintroducing, allowing yourself to NOTICE the previously unnoticeable problem.

              Comment


              • I went out to dinner with a few friends tonight (I had a 16 oz ribeye, asparagus, and zucchini -- delicious!). One of my friends orders a turkey burger with no bun and a baked potato with butter and sour cream. Not too bad by Primal standards, except for the potato. Needless to say, I was proud of him. Then he turns to me and says, "See, I'm trying to be healthy like you. I didn't get a bun, and I got turkey instead of beef. Oh, but I guess I ruined all the healthfulness by getting the butter and sour cream."

                Sigh...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Shawn Mihalik View Post
                  I went out to dinner with a few friends tonight (I had a 16 oz ribeye, asparagus, and zucchini -- delicious!). One of my friends orders a turkey burger with no bun and a baked potato with butter and sour cream. Not too bad by Primal standards, except for the potato. Needless to say, I was proud of him. Then he turns to me and says, "See, I'm trying to be healthy like you. I didn't get a bun, and I got turkey instead of beef. Oh, but I guess I ruined all the healthfulness by getting the butter and sour cream."

                  Sigh...
                  At least he's trying. Don't beat him up. Point him in the right direction.

                  P.S. - there is nothing wrong with a potato. They're totally primal and won't hurt you. Starch is very important when trying to get into single digit body fat. I've eaten 800g of carbs in the past 72 hours and it's helping me lose a pound of body fat a week. Next weekend I want a turkey burger and fries
                  Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Heidi View Post
                    Oh my gosh, I've done that with my kids! It's because my kids are forever hungry and I know the vegetables won't fill them up for long, so I make them eat the more calorie-dense foods first. On my defense, it was gluten-free mac & cheese. LOL
                    Hehe, I guess it's the same way people stuff themselves with pasta or rice, or flour snacks, and wonder why they're still hungry.
                    The kiddos wouldn't be hungry if they ate protein and fat ;-D
                    My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
                    Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

                    Comment


                    • "95% of Americans don't get enough whole grains"

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Diana Renata View Post
                        My mom made these cute tiny sandwiches for my dad and I.
                        My dad and me.

                        Anyway, there are too many CW moments every day to even count. One of the best has to be the wiping fat from pizzas because it's 'unhealthy'.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Lukys View Post
                          Anyway, there are too many CW moments every day to even count. One of the best has to be the wiping fat from pizzas because it's 'unhealthy'.
                          Well for a pizza it kind of makes sense, even for Primals. Because I think pizza usually has vegetable/soybean/corn oil in them? Correct me if I'm mistaken. And I think they're heated to really high temperatures so all that bad oil is probably rancid and messed up anyway.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by PCwizCube View Post
                            Well for a pizza it kind of makes sense, even for Primals. Because I think pizza usually has vegetable/soybean/corn oil in them? Correct me if I'm mistaken. And I think they're heated to really high temperatures so all that bad oil is probably rancid and messed up anyway.
                            Blasphemy. REAL Neapolitan pizza doesn't have ANY oil in the crust. It's just flour, water, yeast and salt. The good stuff where you'll find ovens firing at 800-1000 degrees shouldn't have a drop of oil in the crust. You may find some places that put oil in the crust for elasticity or they cut the doughs individually and keep them in an oiled container so the doughs don't stick, but it SHOULD be olive oil. It wouldn't surprise me if the cheap inner-city places with crappy belt-driven ovens use vegetable oil instead of olive oil due to the cost of bottom-barrel junk pizza, but no one should be buying pizza from these guys anyway. If you're going to indulge in pizza, get it from a decent place and the only oil you should ever come into contact with is small amounts of olive oil - if ANY.

                            God, I can't wait until I reach my goal. I haven't decided if I'm going to celebrate with the "entire pizza challenge" with a homemade sourdough pizza crust or the "cheesecake challenge" a la Martin Berkhan. I may do both.
                            Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

                            Comment


                            • Well, the fat on top of a pizza -- the stuff you can actually blot up -- is usually from the cheese, eh?
                              "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Jenny View Post
                                Well, the fat on top of a pizza -- the stuff you can actually blot up -- is usually from the cheese, eh?
                                Yeah, and the meat.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X