Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Funny CW moments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • On Sunday I was sitting in the back of Primary (children's sunday school) with another gal and we were talking about what we were having for dinner. She understands and respects what I choose to eat but she was totally making me giggle cuz she told me she felt like she had to justify her crummy diet to me.
    Her: "We're having vegetables tonight."
    Me: "That's great, honey, I'm so glad!"
    Her: "They're from a can."
    Me: LOL
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

    Comment


    • I didn't have time to make dinner before going to babysit four year-old twins, so I just hit the grocery store's salad bar.
      My salad: a few baby lettuce leaves, strawberry slices, slivered almonds, bacon, lots of chicken, a generous amount of cottage cheese, and cucumbers. It was a small salad bar so there wasn't much variety, but it was a good meal.

      At dinner time, the kids eyed my salad, and couldn't stop giggling, teasing me for being on a diet.
      How cute. I guess eating real food means you're on a diet. What a nice impression those parents are giving their children /sarcasm

      Double funny: the parents said that the kids could only eat extra vegetables if they finish their boxed mac & cheese.
      The kids didn't want to eat the mac & cheese, but they kept asking for more vegetables.
      Poor things :-(
      Last edited by abstractpersona; 07-07-2011, 02:42 PM. Reason: removed identifying information :-P
      My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
      Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
        "Juvenile diabetes" is another term for type 1, which is inborn; not really that ironic.
        So? Does that mean they can have lots of sugar? Sure, why not; then they can kill themselves faster with a big insulin shot. Hurray!
        If anything, they should be more careful.
        My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
        Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

        Comment


        • Our town has a lunch program for low-income kids. Their healthy lunch is deep fried tater tots, deep fried chicken patty on a white bun, canned pears, and low fat milk. Apparently this is healthy according to USDA guidelines. *headdesk*
          Cooking Primal with Otter - Journal
          Otter's (Defunct) Primal Log
          "Not baked goods, Professor, baked bads!" ~ The Tick

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ottercat View Post
            Our town has a lunch program for low-income kids. Their healthy lunch is deep fried tater tots, deep fried chicken patty on a white bun, canned pears, and low fat milk. Apparently this is healthy according to USDA guidelines. *headdesk*
            The stuff that kids are forced to eat will make you cringe: Fed Up With School Lunch
            "Canned food is a perversion,' Ignatius said. 'I suspect that it is ultimately very damaging to the soul."
            - John Kennedy Toole (A Confederacy of Dunces)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by abstractpersona View Post
              So? Does that mean they can have lots of sugar? Sure, why not; then they can kill themselves faster with a big insulin shot. Hurray!
              If anything, they should be more careful.
              Uh...how on earth did you get that out of what I said? No one is suggesting that diabetic kids drink soda - but the original post is only funny if the item being sold is a direct cause of the disease it's being sold to raise money for. It's the difference between selling chewing tobacco for lung cancer and selling cigarettes for lung cancer.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                "Juvenile diabetes" is another term for type 1, which is inborn; not really that ironic.
                ahh, I see...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Sudenveri View Post
                  Uh...how on earth did you get that out of what I said? No one is suggesting that diabetic kids drink soda - but the original post is only funny if the item being sold is a direct cause of the disease it's being sold to raise money for. It's the difference between selling chewing tobacco for lung cancer and selling cigarettes for lung cancer.
                  No, no no, I know what you meant, I 'get' irony.
                  It just makes me sad either way. I would imagine people who already have type 1 would attend these events, you know, like anti-cancer events are highly popular with those who have suffered from cancer, or families who lost someone to cancer.
                  I would even go as far to think that parents of children with type 1 diabetes would encourage such children to be at those events.
                  So I think the food would be more appropriate to someone with type 1 diabetes.

                  Just depends how you look at it.
                  My smartphone makes me about $100 per month
                  Updating my journal again after a 2 year break.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by abstractpersona View Post
                    No, no no, I know what you meant, I 'get' irony.
                    It just makes me sad either way. I would imagine people who already have type 1 would attend these events, you know, like anti-cancer events are highly popular with those who have suffered from cancer, or families who lost someone to cancer.
                    I would even go as far to think that parents of children with type 1 diabetes would encourage such children to be at those events.
                    So I think the food would be more appropriate to someone with type 1 diabetes.

                    Just depends how you look at it.
                    Ah, I get ya. Yeah, I agree it's a sad state of affairs.

                    Comment


                    • Mom: You should eat something.
                      Me: We've been over this. I eat twice a day.
                      Mom: But it's not healthy!
                      Me: How so?
                      Mom: It just isn't!
                      Me: How's the ice cream?
                      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

                      Comment


                      • I still can't come to grips with the defeatist mindset that so many people have these days, especially with regard to exercise. Case in point: I was out yesterday afternoon doing sprints. Keep in mind, it's Miami, it was sunny (for the first time in a few days...), warm and a bit humid. It's also my favorite time to do sprints... exactly for that reason. I tend to use the same location -- an open field area close to my house, and there will be a couple people here and there who come out during the day to hit golf balls. Never use a driver, mind you, because of the well-traveled roads that border two sides of the field.

                        But I tend to be on the field at the same time as one other man, 54 years of age. He scratches his head at how I can do the training I do, at the time of day I do it. He asked me this, and I told him it's the best time (in my opinion) because if you can handle Miami heat/humidity with sprints, it's a huge help conditioning-wise. He asked my age (22), and replied with saying that he's 54 and pretty much said there's no way he can do that stuff. Yeah, he has a bit of a gut.

                        The problem is... yes, you can do that stuff. Once you reach 40-50 doesn't mean you "can't" do things like sprint for conditioning in heat/humidity, or train for strength/hypertrophy, etc. You may not be able to progress quite as quickly as younger people, but it can still be done. Why the defeatist mindset? Ugh...
                        Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

                        For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                        -- Blaise Pascal

                        Comment


                        • I haven't been primal for too long, but I did recently start dating a guy who has a six year old son. My first CW head desk moment came last weekend when, for breakfast, he made his kid a huge pancake and eggs (the eggs were really because of me in fact). The kid asked if he could have syrup and butter on his pancake, bf replies, "Syrup AND butter, are you kidding me?" *proceeds to pour syrup on the pancake*.... headdesk. haha I don't claim to be in position to tell anyone what to feed their kids, and his is a healthy and active one for all intents and purposes, but it was kinda funny.
                          ~All luck is earned in the end.~

                          Comment


                          • We went to the supermarket today, and my dad and I were buying meat, chicken etc. He asked me what choice I wanted and I told him the local one. I mentioned that most of the supermarket meat from US is processed under less than sanitary facilities, to which he said "yeah, it's like eating they're (the cows) crap, but if the fda approved it, it's good." I think he meant that the fda goes to those factories and only approves the meat that passes their requirements. Still, I was like wtf...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ottercat View Post
                              Our town has a lunch program for low-income kids. Their healthy lunch is deep fried tater tots, deep fried chicken patty on a white bun, canned pears, and low fat milk. Apparently this is healthy according to USDA guidelines. *headdesk*
                              How is this even healthy according to CW? Doesn't thy discourage "deep fried" stuff and prefer "whole grain" bread over white bread? Eh, whatever. The low-income kids probably need some fat on their bones anyway.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Aly View Post
                                How is this even healthy according to CW? Doesn't thy discourage "deep fried" stuff and prefer "whole grain" bread over white bread? Eh, whatever. The low-income kids probably need some fat on their bones anyway.
                                No, they don't. I worked in a low income school for a year, and had lunch duty every day (ugh), so I got to see firsthand which kids ate what. The majority of them just ate chips or cheetos or whatever, some of them ate the crappy provided lunch that was basically all carbs. Nearly every kid on that campus except the hardcore athletes or the genetically blessed few had some belly pudge, some of them more than a little. Most of them were far taller/bigger than they should have been (growth hormones in the meat/milk?), and most of them had behavioral issues or ADD type stuff going on. You can't tell me their diet didn't contribute to that at all.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X